205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Steve is within 25 miles of MG circuits, while Kurt is running along that trifle of a road called The Nachez Trace Parkway...a mere 444 miles long. That would be a good day on the bike! It ends at a café. Loveless, but a café. Nearby is the Harpeth Valley Elementary School...wonder if that was the inspiration for the 'Harper Valley PTA' song...Jeannie C Riley fans?
nou6qg.jpg

Last edited:

Tim Hall

Loveless Cafe, partnered with Heartbreak Hotel?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
And todays mileage is just in. A shorter day today for Steve. I can only imagine that the foul wet weather, high winds and quite a bit of climbing took a lot out of him today. A nice long rest at least for the Red Road Warrior.

179 miles
upload_2015-3-26_21-1-38.png

upload_2015-3-26_21-2-48.png

GO STEVE!!

Steve's 'y' nudges 300metres - and the temperature has been about 9C max today...well, that's the warm rain. Right now, it's 3C - but warmer in bed.
Kurt's turned around on his road to nowhere and he's got cloud and 12C or so...with some colder stuff tomorrow morning (if he stays in the vicinity).
Well done Steve - it has been a poxy day, with gusty irritating wind - where I have been, at least..

BSRU

A Human Being
Steve's 'y' nudges 300metres - and the temperature has been about 9C max today...well, that's the warm rain. Right now, it's 3C - but warmer in bed.
Kurt's turned around on his road to nowhere and he's got cloud and 12C or so...with some colder stuff tomorrow morning (if he stays in the vicinity).
Well done Steve - it has been a poxy day, with gusty irritating wind - where I have been, at least..
I think there is something wrong with the elevations on Strava as looking at the day before on the same highest climb(going the other way) the altitude are almost 80m lower.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
[QUOTE 3612423, member: 9609"]After Steve's rest day yesterday (only 180 mile) he seems to be bursting full of energy today. He is already up to 75 mile (8:15am) and would appear he has been on the road since 3am .... completely bonkers.[/QUOTE]
I don't know what it's like where he is but there's little wind this morning down here - maybe 50 miles away - and there's lots of gusty stuff forecast for the next few days. Better to face a (surprisingly) cold, still morning to get the miles in while you can.

[QUOTE 3612423, member: 9609"]After Steve's rest day yesterday (only 180 mile) he seems to be bursting full of energy today. He is already up to 75 mile (8:15am) and would appear he has been on the road since 3am .... completely bonkers.[/QUOTE]
Balmy sunshine in the Kings Lynn area - 10 - 11C. Lots of bad stuff around this weekend it seems, making an easy job more onerous. :whistle: Go Steve. About 90 miles of morning goodness already...phew! (I wonder if he is keeping count of his total length of sausage consumption? Kilometres or miles eaten - we're easy, Steve :smile: )

Top Bottom