205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MisterStan

Label Required
@Ian H has Steve commented on the bike? Having spent so long on them already, how does he rate them?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
And today's results are just in...214 miles for our Roving Red Randonneur.. staying close to home, incorporating more Marsh Gibbons then you could shake a Raleigh at...

upload_2015-3-24_21-42-35.png

upload_2015-3-24_21-44-42.png

GO STEVE!!!

Looks like Steve's heading toward the lumpiness of Marlborough...maybe he needs the exercise? :whistle::ohmy:^_^ I think the words 'skirting' and 'round' will be used again today.

So far, the symmetry of numbers: 442,455 - elevation.
And, the most interesting...282

...DAYS TO GO

Which means about 275 days shopping or thereabouts before Christmas. Steve will not have to do any, as he is going to make his 'presents' felt.

Edit: I meant to add a 'shocked' smiley tafter the '282' but, to Adrian's relief (I'm sure) I forgot.
Also noticed that Kurts 'y-axis' reached the dizzy heights of 40 metres, while Steve's was a piddling 140. What IS the matter with these riders? ^_^

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
From Jo over at the other place

Day 83: Kurt has a 211 mile "recovery ride" out of Florida into Mississippi, this time away from the coast to avoid traffic. Steve has fun visiting Marsh Gibbon 12 times during his 214 mile day.

oyttDay83.png

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Nice to see Steve back tracking along his (high) target line. You have to remember though that next month that line kicks up again, so he will need to ride even further each day!

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
He is starting before 6am every day though, so the extra hour in the evening is gained while losing an hour's light in the morning. I'm wondering if he'll stick to his current start time when the clocks change, or start an hour 'later' and stay on GMT.

I expect Steve will be able to up the distance as the temperatures and total day length increase though, despite how amazing his current efforts are :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Reading the interview above he is saying he is up at the same time every single day. It's now his 9-5 job, it's now what he does. So can't really see getting up time changing.

Top Bottom