205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I hope it wasn't as wet further south as it was here in Edinburgh yesterday evening. I was wetter than a wet thing after about 10 minutes and telling myself that Steve would have decent waterproofs (unlike me!)
The BBC UK forecast is for the rain band to stay running centrally over Britain from SSW to NNE. If he's returning to MK, he can stay away from the hillier and wet centre. Over in the east here, it's hazy but dry with a mild easterly, which will suit him trekking back west to MK.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Day 62 for Kurt, more trials and tribulations but he seems in good spirits.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
1511756_1559097994338831_246915685480844807_n.jpg

It looks even steeper in the other direction. A straight 120 metres. The way he went up.... His average over the last 5 days is higher than the asking rate.
His height over the last 5 days is higher than the 'asking rate' too. :smile: Is Steve building in the PBP as a bit of light relief? His inner tubes are going to be well up when he rides across the Channel, non?. Nice to see a hint of '200' on the y axis. :okay: Well done, Steve.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
That might be a problem. He's riding tubeless

StuartG

slower but no further
I wonder whether Steve or Kurt will challenge Tommy's whopper of 348 miles in a day following other 300+ days. That's another planet.

I wonder whether Steve or Kurt will challenge Tommy's whopper of 348 miles in a day following other 300+ days. That's another planet.
14.5mph for 24 hours. Interesting. Is this feasible in the UK terrain in general, or was this done on a circuit, Stuart? Kurt's loveable interviewer might be lost for words...and Kurt will need to stock up on bikes+GPS for a long day. :smile:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Theirs no strava data on kurt for 13/03/15.?
No you're right, nothing as yet. I noticed his tracker was on 41miles yesterday for hours and he posted a query about Garmins on his Facebook yesterday too, so I'm guessing an equipment failure of some description.

BigAl68

Über Member
No you're right, nothing as yet. I noticed his tracker was on 41miles yesterday for hours and he posted a query about Garmins on his Facebook yesterday too, so I'm guessing an equipment failure of some description.

Does this mean he can't claim the mileage for yesterday or will they use the satellite tracking data?

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Does this mean he can't claim the mileage for yesterday or will they use the satellite tracking data?
I think they have to post the ride data within 24hrs for it to count, so he'll have a bit of time yet. I'll have a quick look at the rules.

Top Bottom