205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I spend too much time here really without throwing another forum into the mix.
Fair enough. Suppose it depends on what you want out of a cycling forum now or for the foreseeable. CC is certainly my "hang out" but I'm on YACF every single day to follow the HAM'R challenge. Next year, I'll probably go back to just having a little nose around 2-3 times a year.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Fair enough. Suppose it depends on what you want out of a cycling forum now or for the foreseeable. CC is certainly my "hang out" but I'm on YACF every single day to follow the HAM'R challenge. Next year, I'll probably go back to just having a little nose around 2-3 times a year.
Nah, you're right enough, it was a little tongue in cheek. I'll start having a peep at it :okay:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A big day for Steve... 219 miles on the nose..

upload_2015-3-12_21-47-23.png

upload_2015-3-12_21-48-11.png

GO STEVE!!

Not by me (full time employed + law student = no time). YACF, not CC, is what Steve uses.There's quite literally 100x the chat and info going on over there versus what's on CC, with a new thread for EVERY SINGLE day of Steve's ride, separate threads for each discussion topic, separate (long!) thread for Tarzan. Suggest you join, if only for the duration of HAM'R. ;) :okay:
It's actually information overload on yacf. I need my updates in bite sized chunks.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Only 170 miles for Kurt yesterday, and a funny looking loopy route to boot. Also a lower average than usual.

View attachment 82344
I can see a lot of to-ing and fro-ing on the flat riverside but I can't match it with the contour map. And the map doesn't seem to indicate a finishing point. Does a loop ride only show the starting point on Strava? Not that the contour finishes at the same altitude as the start, anyway. A comment suggests it was another wet day for him.

Still, SA has now outdistanced him 4 days in a row.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
From Jo at the other place

Day 70: Steve claims to have a "rest day" closer to home but still manages almost 200 miles. Kurt had a tough day with a Mississippi headwind, problems with one of his GPS, a broken brake cable and a visit from the puncture fairy. His final leg was on home ground back in Arkansas giving him 176 miles for the day.
oyttDay70.png

Day 71: The fourth day in a row in which Steve has ridden further than Kurt slowly closing the gap between them. Steve rides around 220 miles from MK to Hull in good weather. Kurt faces 170 miles of rain around Little Rock, AR.

oyttDay71.png

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
As it's been a month now, here's the second in the series of Strava stats for our 5 heroes.
The +/- is in comparison to the data on 13/02/15

Strava.jpg

Last edited:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I can see a lot of to-ing and fro-ing on the flat riverside but I can't match it with the contour map. And the map doesn't seem to indicate a finishing point. Does a loop ride only show the starting point on Strava? Not that the contour finishes at the same altitude as the start, anyway. A comment suggests it was another wet day for him.

Still, SA has now outdistanced him 4 days in a row.
Here's a close up, the finish button was under the start button.
upload_2015-3-13_9-12-39.png

fimm

Veteran
I hope it wasn't as wet further south as it was here in Edinburgh yesterday evening. I was wetter than a wet thing after about 10 minutes and telling myself that Steve would have decent waterproofs (unlike me!)

Top Bottom