205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Day 60 for Kurt, and it was a little damp.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Even though SA had a short ''fun'' day, KS had an even shorter ''fun'' day, meaning that SA has now outdistanced KS 3 days on the trot. I notice that KS's ride yesterday had more climbing than SA's. I wonder whether Alabama is proving more tiring than Florida.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Even though SA had a short ''fun'' day, KS had an even shorter ''fun'' day, meaning that SA has now outdistanced KS 3 days on the trot. I notice that KS's ride yesterday had more climbing than SA's. I wonder whether Alabama is proving more tiring than Florida.
Kurt is back on home turf now, whether that will mean a change in tactics to something similar to Steve with his rides centred around a more fixed base or whether he'll continue on a camper van adventure, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
This from Kurts Facebook yesterday

Today was a little tough. Late start to get out of the rain. Then the garmin 705 finallly gave up the ghost so we had to change mounts to use the 500 we got from BikeTiresDirect.com - then 50 miles in the brake cable broke and we switch to the TT bike and had to change garmin mounts again. Later in the day it was time to replace tire - just for the hell of it - or because I cut it smile emoticon then we finished up the day with lights on the tt bike not wanting to stay on the bright setting. Did I mention MS roads suck and that today was into a headwind.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
And in summertime would he need to move further north or would the temperatures there be ok? (The regional differences in the USA aren't my strong point).

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
And in summertime would he need to move further north or would the temperatures there be ok? (The regional differences in the USA aren't my strong point).

A furious google brings up these figures, June, July and August could be a little warm, but then I suppose as he's from the area he may be acclimitised to it?

upload_2015-3-12_9-0-40.png

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Yeah, sorry chaps. Had the night off down the pub then left in a bit of a huff.

View attachment 82234

View attachment 82235

A lot of ups and downs on yesterdays ride. But as @deptfordmarmoset pointed out. Steve is now outdistancing Kurt at the moment.
When I saw that route yesterday, I fancied it was a child's drawing of some strange creature with big ears.

I only use CycleChat, if Steve gives regular little updates elsewhere is it possible to have them slung into this thread please?
Not by me (full time employed + law student = no time). YACF, not CC, is what Steve uses.There's quite literally 100x the chat and info going on over there versus what's on CC, with a new thread for EVERY SINGLE day of Steve's ride, separate threads for each discussion topic, separate (long!) thread for Tarzan. Suggest you join, if only for the duration of HAM'R. ;) :okay:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Not by me (full time employed + law student = no time). YACF, not CC, is what Steve uses.There's quite literally 100x the chat and info going on over there versus what's on CC, with a new thread for EVERY SINGLE day of Steve's ride, separate threads for each discussion topic, separate (long!) thread for Tarzan. Suggest you join, if only for the duration of HAM'R. ;) :okay:
I spend too much time here really without throwing another forum into the mix.

Plus the different format confuses me :shy:

Top Bottom