205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
From Steves Facebook a couple of days ago, you'd have thought they'd let him eat his tea in peace.

Steve in an upbeat mood, enjoying a post ride feed, and loading his ride data last night. He appreciates all the messages of support, it means a lot to him. Photo thanks to Jennie Selley and family.
11042653_1554158464832784_3292963696679710383_n.jpg

And look at the size of his tea mug...^_^

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
From Steves Facebook today

Steve Abraham
35 mins ·
A very early start for Steve this morning. Watch this space!

Yeah we know, and I'm a little more excited than a middle aged man should be!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
You would have thought that, having got so close, he would have wanted to go to Severn Beach today.
From Alveston to Severn Beach would mean dropping down a hill just to turn around to go back, he can always come back again. I keep noticing people in red without actually expecting them to be him!

swansonj

Guru
Tarzan will wake up to a little surprise in a couple of hours!
But perhaps not too much of a surprise? As I understand it, Steve's capabilities are reasonably well known (if none the less impossible-seeming for that). Kurt knows that at some point before long, Steve is going to start churning out longer days. The unknown, as I understand it, is whether Kurt can respond, or perhaps more accurately, how long can Kurt respond for? A truly fascinating contest.

albion

Guru
Chalk and Cheese. Steve's rides sound a good 20% tougher.
I'm quite expecting Kurt to easily do the higher distance thus my wish for a celebration of hopefully two epic different achievements.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
On facebook Tarzan seems to be in a bad mood today. Wishing he was doing other things.

[QUOTE 3572240, member: 9609"]Is Kurt the one doing this in Florida ?
How is the heat, humidity going to effect him over the summer months,, Steves figures are going to increase with better weather and longer daylight, whilst Kurt may struggle with the florida sun.[/QUOTE]

He is, but he's not planning on staying there and indeed today saw his closest encounter with a state line to-date, though he does seem to have curved back into Florida as the day's gone on. He's specifically stated recently that he's beginning his trip back north and west towards Arkansas (home).

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
On facebook Tarzan seems to be in a bad mood today. Wishing he was doing other things.
I was thinking the same. He looks a bit run down, cold sores and sunburn and as @Saluki said his kit looks filthy. I thought he had the demeanour of a man that was rather fed up. I'm probably reading too much into things.

But perhaps not too much of a surprise? As I understand it, Steve's capabilities are reasonably well known (if none the less impossible-seeming for that). Kurt knows that at some point before long, Steve is going to start churning out longer days. The unknown, as I understand it, is whether Kurt can respond, or perhaps more accurately, how long can Kurt respond for? A truly fascinating contest.
You are Donald Rumsfeld AICMFP ^_^

NorvernRob

So is this the point where Steve starts putting in more and more 200+ mile days, and in summer he's planning to do 250-300+?

And what of Kurt, he's doing slightly more miles per day now but is he going to ramp it up too? He's got decent weather so you'd think he'd be doing more than just 15-20 miles per day above Steve's current average, as that isn't going to be enough.

Top Bottom