205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MisterStan

Label Required
Seems the early start has confused the tracker.

It has him starting south west of Buckingham, but I'm fairly certain he spent last night at home in Milton Keynes.

No doubt the team will be on to it, if that's the case.
There's some words on the other place about this, it seems the tracker 'resets itself' at 3am each day, hence the variation in mileage/start position...

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
There's some words on the other place about this, it seems the tracker 'resets itself' at 3am each day, hence the variation in mileage/start position...

That's a relief.

It would be a bit galling to get half way to Bristol and find you'd forgotten to turn it on.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Don't forget that Godwin himself was trailing the competition until quite late in the year.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Steve made a 3am start this morning, perhaps it's one of those 'moves' he mentioned a few weeks ago.

He needs to do something, Kurt has turned up the wick and is regularly doing 210+ miles a day.

If Steve is now into full audax mode, we could see him riding for 20 hours or more in a day, kipping in bus shelters or beside the road.

His schedule indicates an increase in mileage this month.

Game on, I think.
Early days yet .
I cant see Steve dossing in bus shelters etc. He has lots of volunteer hosts dotted all over the country .A short kip in a bed has to be better plus the hosts clean his bike , recharge batteries and most importantly upload his GPS tracks (and cook his sausages :-). )

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
It's not even lunchtime!
I've been refreshing like an idiot, I think the bugger stopped for breakfast which is most inconsiderate.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Early days yet .
I cant see Steve dossing in bus shelters etc. He has lots of volunteer hosts dotted all over the country .A short kip in a bed has to be better plus the hosts clean his bike , recharge batteries and most importantly upload his GPS tracks (and cook his sausages :-). )

Tend to agree, although what these guys sometimes like to do is take a couple of hours and then crack on.

Steve has already fallen asleep for an unknown duration in a McDonald's.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Tend to agree, although what these guys sometimes like to do is take a couple of hours and then crack on.

Steve has already fallen asleep for an unknown duration in a McDonald's.
Haven't we all?
Although it was one of those that was open after the pubs shut :whistle:

MisterStan

Label Required
Many years ago, I used to be a manager at McDonalds, many a time did I fall asleep there, usually in between closing and then reopening the store the following morning, when we were short staffed.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
From Steves Facebook a couple of days ago, you'd have thought they'd let him eat his tea in peace.

Steve in an upbeat mood, enjoying a post ride feed, and loading his ride data last night. He appreciates all the messages of support, it means a lot to him. Photo thanks to Jennie Selley and family.
11042653_1554158464832784_3292963696679710383_n.jpg

Top Bottom