205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
upload_2015-3-3_21-22-19.png

upload_2015-3-3_21-23-8.png

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
An awful lot of today's riding was into a 3/4 headwind too!

albion

Guru
Kurts has a peeling spuds feel while Steve gets to act a chef, that end of day chefs drink sometimes needed too.

Anyway, two records to be hopefully celebrated, both an achievement in their own right.

Indeed, the black line is a notional rider who rides 205 miles for each of the 365 days.

With thanks, again, to Jo, this year long graph shows how Steve's projected distances increase, and how his daily average will go above 205 miles somewhere between day 121 and about day 170.

It also shows how Steve is aiming to beat Tommy's record by up to 12,000 miles.

View attachment 81265
Or by a minimum of the late 7k's and also how he is above his estimated best at the moment.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Steve made a 3am start this morning, perhaps it's one of those 'moves' he mentioned a few weeks ago.

He needs to do something, Kurt has turned up the wick and is regularly doing 210+ miles a day.

If Steve is now into full audax mode, we could see him riding for 20 hours or more in a day, kipping in bus shelters or beside the road.

His schedule indicates an increase in mileage this month.

Game on, I think.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Steve made a 3am start this morning, perhaps it's one of those 'moves' he mentioned a few weeks ago.

He needs to do something, Kurt has turned up the wick and is regularly doing 210+ miles a day.

If Steve is now into full audax mode, we could see him riding for 20 hours or more in a day, kipping in bus shelters or beside the road.

Game on, I think.
Looks like it could be a special day, he's on 70miles already.

MisterStan

Label Required
Farkin' 'ell! I was up early myself, but not on the road at 3am! Chapeau to the Man in Red.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I'm down to do a 100km audax on Saturday, the longest ride I'll have done this year. Steve knocked that off before I'd even made it out of the shower this morning!

Go Steve! Hoping today is a big one. It's probably the best weather he's had so far :smile:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Seems the early start has confused the tracker.

It has him starting south west of Buckingham, but I'm fairly certain he spent last night at home in Milton Keynes.

No doubt the team will be on to it, if that's the case.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I'm down to do a 100km audax on Saturday, the longest ride I'll have done this year. Steve knocked that off before I'd even made it out of the shower this morning!

Go Steve! Hoping today is a big one. It's probably the best weather he's had so far :smile:
Astonishing isn't it, I saw @Pale Rider s post this morning whilst still in bed at 6am, checked the tracker and Steve was on around 45 miles. I did 17 miles in this morning rather than the usual 13/14 as I was feeling guilty.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Game on, I think.

Game on indeed... we've been waiting for this.

Top Bottom