205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
So is this the point where Steve starts putting in more and more 200+ mile days, and in summer he's planning to do 250-300+?

And what of Kurt, he's doing slightly more miles per day now but is he going to ramp it up too? He's got decent weather so you'd think he'd be doing more than just 15-20 miles per day above Steve's current average, as that isn't going to be enough.
I'm sure I read somewhere that the thought was that Kurt was watching what Steve was doing and then adding a bit more, I guess we'll find out soon.

NorvernRob

I'm sure I read somewhere that the thought was that Kurt was watching what Steve was doing and then adding a bit more, I guess we'll find out soon.

Yes- Kurt is fast no doubt about it, but when Steve starts doing 250+ miles can Kurt really add another potentially 3-4hrs at the speed he rides at? 13-15hr days at 20mph average just sounds impossible.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I was thinking the same. He looks a bit run down, cold sores and sunburn and as @Saluki said his kit looks filthy. I thought he had the demeanour of a man that was rather fed up. I'm probably reading too much into things.
Uh oh, I know it's rude to quote our own post but maybe I was right :sad:

On facebook Tarzan seems to be in a bad mood today. Wishing he was doing other things.

Last edited:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
On facebook Tarzan seems to be in a bad mood today. Wishing he was doing other things.
I hadn't seen the vid last night when you posted this @mcshroom, only saw it this morning, I was going on his other recent vids and pics, he's not a happy camper is he.

Last edited:

Rob H

Eat, Sleep, Climb, Repeat
Night after night on the road is going to wear him psycologically as well as physically. The hosting setup Steve has that sees him at home more than not is going to really help those down days.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I assume that his team behind Steve are going to provide a lot of support, whereas although having one person following you around is going to be helpful, at times you are going to be mightily sick of seeing just that one main person.

Top Bottom