205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can't be that he wastes time reading CC. By the way, Kurt, could you just keep still - the sun and shadows is disturbing,contrasty viewing for us greylanders. How are the tan lines coming along by the way? :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A tad under 194 miles for the day....can imagine it was pretty windy out there and made for tough going. And no let up in climbing either. A heck of a lot of up and down all day. Hence the sub 14mph avg.

upload_2015-2-26_21-52-48.png

upload_2015-2-26_21-54-12.png

GO STEVE!!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
It's by the by, but I was a little surprised to see that neither Kurt nor Steve are skinny. I would have thought that with such distances, those stringy muscles would be more in evidence. Mind, I did see something about Steve eating tons but still losing weight. Maybe 40,000 miles (!) into the ride with long summer evenings they'll change shape....

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Posted by Wowbagger on the other place....
"Tarzan has a page somewhere on his website along the lines of

"Non-cyclists think cyclists are crazy.
Cyclists think racing cyclists are crazy.
Racing cyclists thing ultra-marathon cyclists are crazy.
Ultramarathon cyclists think this guy is crazy."

I'm looking forward to Kurt adding the line "This guy thinks Steve Abraham is crazy."
tongue.gif
"

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It's by the by, but I was a little surprised to see that neither Kurt nor Steve are skinny. I would have thought that with such distances, those stringy muscles would be more in evidence. Mind, I did see something about Steve eating tons but still losing weight. Maybe 40,000 miles (!) into the ride with long summer evenings they'll change shape....
I think it was mentioned a couple of weeks ago how many cals/day they would be taking in. I have never done those kind of distances but I know I burn ~ 45 cals/mile so with normal basal metabolic energy requirement as well I would probably need to eat/drink at least 11,000 cals on a 200 mile ride day NOT to lose weight.

I'm sure that their bodies are more efficient than mine, but even so, they must be really stuffing themselves to keep their energy levels up!

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
The latest data for all three (:laugh:) contenders is HERE.

Daily averages are as follows;

Steve - 188.5 miles
Kurt - 201.7 miles
William - 35.6 miles

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Is Ironox still a contender? Or has he pulled out and nobody's noticed?
CorioVelo
24 February at 09:57 ·
Two days no riding for the HAM'R event, Extreme Ice on the roads. DFW reported a Plane sliding off the Runway yesterday. Be Safe out there.

This from his Facebook, followed by;

CorioVelo shared Rick Mitchell NBC5's photo.
4 hrs ·
HAM'R update, plan to back on the road riding once temperatures warm and ICE patches melt. It only takes one ICE PATCH to ruin a season. As many of you know I already Cracked one helmet this year with a nice SPILL on a wet corner.

He's not ridden at all on 5 days now and his mileage for rest of it isn't really up to much, I think he should do the right thing and retire gracefully.

Top Bottom