205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I wonder if the UMCA will get all arsey with Kurt as they did when Steve was pictured with a bottle of wine in the background?

And another crash.
From Facebook

Tarzan Rides the HAM'R Kurt Searvogel
7 hrs ·

Some people don't know that HAM'R has its own set of rules that are different from State Record rules and were trying to stir up the pot because I had a beer with lunch. Do you honestly think I would have entered this competition if I didn't have documentation stating that all legal substance (beer) can be consumed during this year.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
There's been a bit of a ding dong overnight between Kurt and Drew Clark regarding Kurt having a beer.

ultra1.png

ultra2.png

The rules do seem a bit harsh. Not to let the riders have a drink. But the rules are the rules I suppose. They gave Steve a hard time when he was pictured with a bottle of unopened wine in the background, so at least they are being consistent.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Yes the rules are the rules, although I agree with you and posted yesterday that I think if anyone deserves a bottle a beer it's Kurt and Steve. I don't quite understand why Kurt is arguing, I thought it was quite clear when I read through the rules yesterday that alcohol wasn't allowed. He'd have been better off keeping his trap shut and not having his picture taken with his beer in front of him. Hopefully the UMCA treat it as a shot across the bows rather than imposing penalties.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I hope Kurt doesnt get disqualified over this beer nonsense. I dont imagine anyone including Teethgrinder would want that.

He could drink himself stupid in the privacy of his motorhome why on earth make a public protest like this?

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I hope Kurt doesnt get disqualified over this beer nonsense. I dont imagine anyone including Teethgrinder would want that.

He could drink himself stupid in the privacy of his motorhome why on earth make a public protest like this?

i tend to think the court of public (ie cyclist) opinion will judge the validity quite happily, regardless of what the powers that be might say

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Steve on the road

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Another tough day for Kurt yesterday. Another off and his cold seem to be taking it's toll with only 157 miles. But look at the average - awesome stuff still.
upload_2015-2-21_9-28-8.png

Thanks, Ian. Just glancing, I find that map weird...cycling on the water! The 'Kurt Sea'...:smile:
Is he suffering from 'withdrawal symptoms' as the beer ban kicks in? Poor fellow keeps collecting the rash as well...that's not comfortable, as we know.

Top Bottom