205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
200 miles yesterday to Lowestoft, and another 200 miles for the return today.

sa distance.png

sa mts.png

Steve's cheating himself now...hardly any climbing! ^_^

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I wonder if the UMCA will get all arsey with Kurt as they did when Steve was pictured with a bottle of wine in the background?

And another crash.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I wonder if the UMCA will get all arsey with Kurt as they did when Steve was pictured with a bottle of wine in the background?
I don't know how the no alcohol rule applies in practice, when it comes to a year long challenge it's going to be pretty difficult to police I would have thought. However if you're not allowed anything alcoholic for the 365 days it seems a bit daft to say something on camera or to have a potentially incriminating picture of yourself published on Facebook.
10998865_1576569472584760_4015997490460311276_n.jpg

Personally I think the least either of them deserve after riding for 200 miles is a bottle of beer.

Last edited:

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
So do I, and the no alcohol rule (for riders and crew) is a general rule for UMCA events rather than specifically for the HAMR. However the UMCA did get wound up by a picture of Steve with an unopened bottle of beer in the background last month, so they could be rather inflexible about it if they so wish.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A shorter mileage day for Steve today. I can imagine the crappy wet weather paid a big part in his reasoning, staying quite close to his home. 174.5 miles on the ticker.

sa distance.png

sa mts.png

Saluki

World class procrastinator
That's amazing, given the weather today. It started off OK but by 10 it was all miserable drizzle. You have to admire Steve's tenacity to ride through that horrible wet misery that we had outside today.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
So do I, and the no alcohol rule (for riders and crew) is a general rule for UMCA events rather than specifically for the HAMR. However the UMCA did get wound up by a picture of Steve with an unopened bottle of beer in the background last month, so they could be rather inflexible about it if they so wish.
I can understand not wanting them to be drinking whilst ridng, but surely a beer or wine at the end of the day is allowed? After all it's a 365 day challenge.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
That's amazing, given the weather today. It started off OK but by 10 it was all miserable drizzle. You have to admire Steve's tenacity to ride through that horrible wet misery that we had outside today.

And look at that nasty climb at about the 105 mile mark...:ohmy:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
And look at that nasty climb at about the 105 mile mark...:ohmy:
On the other place someone surmised he was going to have lunch at the Bicester KFC - so I suspect that's the col de l'exit du KFC de Bicester et de re-calibration du GPS.

Steve very carefullly (and very sensibly) stayed north of the only climbs approaching 400 foot in that part of Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire.

Top Bottom