205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Hmm ... is he actually doing that? I hope not because it isn't in keeping with the spirit of the challenge, though I can see why it isn't banned because enforcing a year-long ban on drafting would be impossibly expensive.

(He does have a support vehicle, so in theory it could be driving just in front of him all day long.)
You have said exactly what I was thinking. It would be relatively easy, when cycling in to a head wind for a number of miles, to just tuck in behind a van and let it it do the wind busting for you.

albion

Guru
Well, I'd say Kurt has to be given the benefit of any small doubt, unless he indicates otherwise.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Heatmap of Steve's rides as of the 14th (Thanks to Jo)

saMapFeb14.png

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Is drafting such a big benefit at sub-pro peloton speeds?

I only ask because when I've tried to draft at my whopping into the wind speed of about 10mph, it doesn't seem to make much difference.

screenman

Legendary Member
Is drafting such a big benefit at sub-pro peloton speeds?

I only ask because when I've tried to draft at my whopping into the wind speed of about 10mph, it doesn't seem to make much difference.

You are not doing it right then, as for sure you should notice the difference,

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
You are not doing it right then

Last time somebody told me that I was behind a bike shed, not riding a bike.

Simmo

I'm doing 140 miles over two days in sunny august and getting giddy about it..... This guys doing over 200 miles a day, every day, for a YEAR!!! What a machine!

Top Bottom