205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well if Steve's weather on his ride was anything like the foul weather I had for my my minuscule 30 mile round trip today, I doubt it would have been much fun. But he digs in and keeps going. 188.7miles for the day. Absolutely amazing

sa distance.png

sa mts.png

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I'm guessing the same tomorrow for the journey home.

tommaguzzi

Über Member
Tomorrow is supposed to be drier and the wind is supposed to die back down as well, so hopefully he will have good weather tomorrow

The Met office predicts a 7mph wind from the north on Saturday so it should be a tail wind all the way to Milton Keynes if thats is where he is going.
Just checked Kurt and he is doing small loops of the same road that must be very boring.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Kurt latest video, including a bonus appearance by Chris "hoppo" Hopkinson, one of Steve support crew.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Chris is the official crew chief registered with UMCA. He keeps the rest of us in order.
Are you part of the crew too Ian?

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Yes. I put the website together for Steve (but blame me, not him).
Fantastic, well done you!!! I didn't mean to do Chris a disservice I guessed he was up the pecking order but I didn't know the hierarchy :thumbsup: From the looks of it you're all doing a terrific job :smile:

These are Kurts stats from the last 7 days

Mileage - 188.7
HR - 96bpm
Ave speed - 18.6mph

Mileage - 211.1
HR - 95bpm
Ave speed - 19.3mph

Mileage - 212.6
HR - 90bpm
Ave speed - 20.1mph

Mileage - 181.3
HR - 92bpm
Ave speed - 17.6mph

Mileage - 213.6
HR - 97bpm
Ave speed - 20.3mph

Mileage - 217.7
HR - 114bpm
Ave speed - 20.5mph

Mileage - 204.9
HR - 91bpm
Ave speed - 20mph

These are from strava which I assume are uploaded daily from the Garmin.
A relatively high average speed with a heart rate that low, I don't see how. i don't know how long his rest stops are but an average speed of 20mph gives you 240 miles in 12 hours.

albion

Guru
A relatively high average speed with a heart rate that low, I don't see how. i don't know how long his rest stops are but an average speed of 20mph gives you 240 miles in 12 hours.

Everyone is different even if it does look kind of bizarre. You could also be drafting behind a van much of the time. It is allowed.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Everyone is different even if it does look kind of bizarre. You could also be drafting behind a van much of the time. It is allowed.
Hmm ... is he actually doing that? I hope not because it isn't in keeping with the spirit of the challenge, though I can see why it isn't banned because enforcing a year-long ban on drafting would be impossibly expensive.

(He does have a support vehicle, so in theory it could be driving just in front of him all day long.)

Top Bottom