205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Who knows. It's either he's not taking it seriously or has something up his sleeve. But he is so far behind the other two to be a serious challenge seeing as his official start date was the 4th January.
I read somewhere that he said in an interview that he wasn't aiming to beat Tommy's record, simply do his own PB for the year. I don't know why he went to all the trouble to engage with the UMCA and apparently take an active role in negotiating the rules for the HAM'R record, but there it is - he did, and registered for the record attempt. I don't think he's got anything up his sleeve.

Laurens is climbing a dam lot for his miles! Thanks Mugshot - interesting view.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I read somewhere that he said in an interview that he wasn't aiming to beat Tommy's record, simply do his own PB for the year. I don't know why he went to all the trouble to engage with the UMCA and apparently take an active role in negotiating the rules for the HAM'R record, but there it is - he did, and registered for the record attempt. I don't think he's got anything up his sleeve.

I should have also registered then as my mileage to date this year is above his :thumbsup:

I don't understand this, Kurts average heart rate is very similar to Steves and of course he's not doing anywhere near the climbing that Steve is doing, he's also riding in far more favourable conditions than Steve is currently. So unless you're referring to his brand new girlfriend and his camper van I'm not sure what you mean when you say he is using massive amounts of energy and that it isn't sustainable.
I am guilty of not looking at the detail of Kurt's rides, I looked at his bike listened to what some others were saying, applied my tt and physiology knowledge and assumed he was riding hard over shorter periods. What doesn't make sense is that Kurt's average moving speed is around 2 mph lower than Steve, if he is doing at least the same mileage per day then he is of course riding for longer each day yet whenever I look at his current speed it is usually above 19mph. I am slightly confused, do we have any accurate data for Kurt?

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
With the increased publicity about the attempt and if it looks like the record will be beaten, more could follow, I hope that that those closest to his daily preparations keep an eye on his home property and equipment left there. Horrible thought I know, but there will be some scrotes out there who wouldn't think twice about an unwelcome visit to a property, where not only is the householder known to be out for 15 hours, but conveniently, technology tells you exactly where he is..

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I am guilty of not looking at the detail of Kurt's rides, I looked at his bike listened to what some others were saying, applied my tt and physiology knowledge and assumed he was riding hard over shorter periods. What doesn't make sense is that Kurt's average moving speed is around 2 mph lower than Steve, if he is doing at least the same mileage per day then he is of course riding for longer each day yet whenever I look at his current speed it is usually above 19mph. I am slightly confused, do we have any accurate data for Kurt?
These are Kurts stats from the last 7 days

Mileage - 188.7
HR - 96bpm
Ave speed - 18.6mph

Mileage - 211.1
HR - 95bpm
Ave speed - 19.3mph

Mileage - 212.6
HR - 90bpm
Ave speed - 20.1mph

Mileage - 181.3
HR - 92bpm
Ave speed - 17.6mph

Mileage - 213.6
HR - 97bpm
Ave speed - 20.3mph

Mileage - 217.7
HR - 114bpm
Ave speed - 20.5mph

Mileage - 204.9
HR - 91bpm
Ave speed - 20mph

These are from strava which I assume are uploaded daily from the Garmin.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
@Mugshot Any chance of Kurt's user name so I can have a nosey at his stats?

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Kurt's tracker is odd today, his mileage isn't where I'd expect it to be for the time of day and it looks like he's going round in circles.

Top Bottom