205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MisterStan

Label Required
plus I have a good idea of what Steve has in the pipeline.
Seeing what Steve is doing already, this statement fills me with awe. I can't wait to see him turn up the gas as it were.

Go Steve!

Origamist

Legendary Member
A couple of points, riding the way Kurt does is not in my opinion sustainable, he is using massive amounts of energy which I believe will eventually be his downfall, in fact it wouldn't surprise me if he changes his tactics and begins to ride in a similar way to Steve at some point, but of course Steve is the master of this, plus I have a good idea of what Steve has in the pipeline.
On the subject of Cheshire, no offence @Origamist but I would rather he avoided Cheshire roads unless he switches to a mtb :smile:.

After a pinch-puncture on Tues caused by a pot hole, I'm inclined to agree. It is flat though!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
And here is the daily update from the road.. a couple of miles more then yesterday with 200 on the clock from our (ghostly) intrepid Marsh Gibbonist,

sa distance.png

sa mts.png

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Could be a tough one tomorrow, a good day for heading due north, unfortunately I see he is staying at home tomorrow so maybe best to find a sheltered circuit and go round in circles.

Yup, weather looking decidedly wet and windy.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
William 'the Muesli' Pruett is basically doing a commute a day. Has he been discounted from this challenge, or should we expect fireworks sometime soon?

Who knows. It's either he's not taking it seriously or has something up his sleeve. But he is so far behind the other two to be a serious challenge seeing as his official start date was the 4th January.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I know some of you don't do Strava and more than that I suspect some really don't like it, however Steve is getting plenty of support through it. According to his team, who are replying on his behalf, he does read the comments and appreciates the kudos given. So I thought I'd give a couple of stats with a couple of pros thrown in, whether you're interested or not :smile:

Followers:
Steve - 11565
Kurt - 1497
Michal Kwiatowski - 19490
Laurens ten Dam - 70640
Mugshot - 6

YTD Mileage:
Steve - 8042
Kurt - 6921
Michal Kwiatowski - 2551
Laurens ten Dam - 2172
Mugshot - 779