205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tommaguzzi

Über Member
Well it was 184.something on the tracking application. Is strava the official measurement?
Any way he has 37 miles at 8.45 am today and appears to be heading south probably to get away from the worst of the snow.
The man is machine.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Well it was 184.something on the tracking application. Is strava the official measurement?
Any way he has 37 miles at 8.45 am today and appears to be heading south probably to get away from the worst of the snow.
The man is machine.
He could do worse than head East. The BBC weather forecast isn't predicting snow for us over here until 1am Friday night and then it's only for an hour. No snow forecast for us all next week either..
Over 37 miles already!! Wow

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The man is machine.

Strava is the official tracker. The other 2 trackers only record point to point, not actual road distance.

MichaelO

Guru
Looks like Kurt didn't turn off his GPS device when he jumped in the van for a few miles yesterday (recorded 60mph) - he'll need to "trim" those out. The last thing anyone wants is for one of them to fall foul of the UMCA rules.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
One thing about Steve the Grinder of the Teeth is that he's consistent...
Another 190+ miler today

SA.jpg

SA Map.jpg

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
What a legend.

I have to admit that I were advising Tarzan I'd be telling him to pause his attempt, learn from what's gone right and wrong and start again in a few months' time once he's had the proper time to prepare a decent challenge. He's clearly fit enough, and has probably got the bloody-mindedness to succeed, but it does feel as if he's being badly let down by poor preparation and worse kit and environment. Leaving Steve to have his attempt without looking over the shoulder all the while would be a very sporting gesture and would mean that he could take the record over the pond a couple of months later.

(What's the military slogan? PPPPPP?)

Over on the other forum someone is reporting that Steve is using Sora kit (but really simple bar-end shifters), has a very large stash of replacement cassettes and chains and other consumables and has had many many fewer punctures from his Schwalbe tubeless tyres than he might have feared. That's the sign of someone who's really well prepared.

tommaguzzi

Über Member
Weather is wild today the rain and hail is coming in sideways up in Sheffield this morning. I hope its better on the south coast.
Wind is west to south west so it might help him slightly back up to MK.

Top Bottom