205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I heard he's just announced a new bike sponsor ...

adventure-journal-daily-bike-sausage-bike.jpg

jo from the other place

[QUOTE 3758227, member: 9609"]I wonder why "Jo from the other place" fails to include some of Kurts distances - a good example of this is the little blip on Kurts line at june 11th, It was noted at the time as a gps problem and wrongly showed 75mile instead of 213 The official records accepts the 213 mile but Jo insists on keeping it at 75 - Kurts line is now equal and has been marginally in front of the 8.57mph pace[/QUOTE]

No insistance about it. I just hadn't spotted that UMCA had amended their record for June 11th (I am basing all the visualizations on data from Strava uploads). As the official record from UMCA is typically a couple of weeks or so behind, it's not always obvious when they change the distances. Anyway, now corrected.

Last edited:
Missed one there 'Teef, but I FTFY.
Hot diggety dog! :okay: I have been watching Ian's sensational frank exposé for about ten minutes...the way the right-hand sausage of the left-hand batch gently pulls the bottom lip downward...the topmost one obviously lodges across said bottom lip, but Mrs Ian didn't allow that bit of the video. :smile:

No insistance about it. I just hadn't spotted that UMCA had amended their record for June 11th (I am basing all the visualizations on data from Strava uploads). As the official record from UMCA is typically a couple of weeks or so behind, it's not always obvious when they change the distances. Anyway, now corrected.

Best forum name for 2015 award.

Also welcome, and thanks for keeping the graphs going - really helps follow these super humans!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
From Jo over at the other place

Day 173: UMCA have retrospectively recognised Kurt's missing 138 miles from June 11, which means he's officially been above Tommy's pace for the last week. He continues with another 222 miles up the west shore of Lake Michigan. Steve has a premature stop south of Boston for a shorter than usual 135 miles. Meanwhile in Melbourne, Miles does another bay trip for 141 miles.

oyttDay173.png

Top Bottom