205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
One for all you German speakers

Steve Abraham
34 mins ·
The German Website sportschau.de (the website of the most popular sports show on German TV) has made a short video summary of the highest annual mileage record (HAMR).

The video is narrated in German, but even English speakers who have been following Steve and Kurt will be able to follow it and make sense of the graphs and mileage stats.

Follow the link below:

fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-xaf1%2Fv%2Ft1.0-9%2Fs720x720%2F1480523_1593660297549267_162112644788032563_n.jpg
German Video Summary of HAMR

Was die Radsportler Kurt Searvogel und Steve Abraham derzeit versuchen, klingt unfassbar. Sie wollen innnerhalb eines Jahres mehr als 120.805 Kilometer fahren und damit einen 76 Jahre alten Rekord brechen. Dafür müssen sie im Schnitt 331...
sportschau.de|By Volker Schulte

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
upload_2015-6-19_8-52-34.png

A monster 260 miles from Steve yesterday.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
From Jo over at the other place
Day 169: Miles reenters the challenge with a couple of Port Phillip bay trips for a 184 mile midwinter start. Lots of riding for Steve who extends his King's Lynn loop via Sleaford to give him 261 miles for the day. Kurt does 221 miles of loops from Plover, Wisconsin.

oyttDay169.png

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Steve's on a later start again today, so it looks like he's continuing with the 250/190 ish day alternation he's been doing for a few days. I wonder whether he's going to extend both of those, or start throwing in fewer of the short days as things go on.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
From Jo over at the other place.

Day 170: For day two of his OYTT reboot, Miles does a single there-and-back-again trip along Port Phillip Bay for 131 miles. Kurt heads SW from Plover ending in the hills for a 211 mile day. Steve loops up to Spalding adding 200 miles to his annual total.

oyttDay170.png

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
From Jo over at the other place
Day 172: Over the longest northern hemisphere day when Tommy Godwin rode an incredible 361 miles in 1939, the 2015 riders each rode comparative 'recovery' distances: 201 miles for Kurt, 199 for Steve and 131 for Miles. A reminder what a challenge this is.

oyttDay172.png

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
He's pulling the data direct from the Strava uploads, so that will be why the 75 mile day is still there.

yello

I thought 'Jo' was a she. I think I've even met her. But I could be in some alternative universe, though not one where I'm courageous enough to tackle this challenge. No such universe exists!

Top Bottom