205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't think there is. There is a seperate tracker that has been set up by someone over on yacf however that only does the current day, though it's a slightly different system: -
http://audaxclubhackney.co.uk/tg.html
Yes, that is better, though what purpose the dark blue line serves I have no idea.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Yes, that is better, though what purpose the dark blue line serves I have no idea.

I believe the dark blue line on the Hackney Club tracker is the point to point measurement used by Google maps.

If you zoom in quite a bit, you will see the dark blue line is a series of straight lines.

The light bluey green line is representative of the road Steve is taking.

The Hackney tracker usually under reads because it measures the distance over the straight lines.

The dark blue line joins the points from the SPOT Tracker. The paler line is an estimate of what Steve's route /probably/ was based on the SPOT Tracker points. That's why, earlier on in a given ride, the dark blue line becomes less detailed (that being what the SPOT Tracker does too, if you look at the official tracker site). The recent few hours show greater correlation since there are more SPOT Tracker points and hence the assumed route on the ground (pale line) will comply more closely to where the track points actually are.

Tim Hall

From the horse's mouth over on YACF:
My 1500 miles last week was my best week this year to date.
From now on I need an average of 1750 a week.
Looking at last week I had a few sub 200 mile days which I should be able to improve on.
I am doing a fair bit of playing by ear and often change my daily plans to suit how things are going etc.
I expect to fall behind the required average weekly distance until mid July when I will need to ride above that average and keep it up for as long as I can then try not to fall behind it again until I have enough miles in the bank to be able to do so. I think it will take until August for me to be doing enough to regain my losses.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I would imagine Steve is also trying to cover other bases - so far there is him with a broken ankle and the guy with a collapsed lung - if something were to go seriously wrong for Kurt then Steve could find himself back in pole position. Not something anyone would desire but he'd be kicking himself if it happened and he hadn't kept on track as he's doing.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
From Jo over at the other place
Day 166: Kurt rides into northern Wisconsin leaving the heat behind but now dealing with "rain in every direction". He still manages 204 miles though. Steve matches his previous day's riding exactly at 207 miles with another fenland trip, this time via Ely. He declares publicly that he's still aiming for Godwin's record with planned increases in daily milage throughout July and August.

oyttDay166.png

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The deficit means Steve needs to average 247.2 miles a day for the remaining days of the challenge.

Kurt 'only' needs just over 206 miles a day.

Steve reckons he can still do it, so I'm sure he can.

But even for him 247 miles a day is a big ask, maybe not so much now, but he will also have to do it in the last few months of the year when the weather will not be so favourable.

http://gicentre.org/oytt/

... then he better a get a shift on cos 207 miles doesn't do anything for the deficit!

Just like the British economy :smile:
George Osborne is pedalling bollocks, and Steve is pedalling his bollocks off. One of them is being true to himself, the other is just getting on with it.
Steve will do it.
'George' will not - because he's a daffodil.
Ah, that's better. "Go Steve". :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
From Jo over at the other place

ay 168: Kurt rides 216 miles into the Wisconsin prairies. Another wide loop around Cambridge for Steve gives him 190 miles for the day. It looks like he is interleaving shorter and longer rides as he builds up his daily distances.

oyttDay168.png

Top Bottom