205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Discussion thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob H

Eat, Sleep, Climb, Repeat
Is it me but Kurt is riding a lot of highways, the one he did yesterday would be like steve riding down the A1:eek:

Im amazed they have a rule about beer but not about multiple lane highways...

I spotted Steve out on the road today. This is what he looked like:
IMGP5866.JPG

If Steve is looking for further revenue streams, surely a red " I spotted Steve" would go down a storm!

U

User19783

Looks like Steve started early this morning, already done 5 miles,
Here's wishing him all the best today.
:notworthy:

I have read some of the stuff on the Progress thread and, after seeing Steve's maps - often starting out from MK and meandering, thought to look out for 'KurtSey'...where does he 'originate', where is he at the moment etc?
Seems he is an Arkansas citizen, side by side with that great President, William J Clinton, no less.
I put Arkansas into Googlemaps and then asked for directions to Key West, wherever that may be, but a scene of a recent ride...turns out it is only 13 - 14 miles away, so quite local.
Ooops, that should be 1314 miles away - in wintry Florida, where the snow is on the peaks as KS ascends yet again. :smile:

As Ian might say..."Go Steve" *

*Ian, please translate for my followers, ta. :laugh:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I have read some of the stuff on the Progress thread and, after seeing Steve's maps - often starting out from MK and meandering, thought to look out for 'KurtSey'...where does he 'originate', where is he at the moment etc?
Seems he is an Arkansas citizen, side by side with that great President, William J Clinton, no less.
I put Arkansas into Googlemaps and then asked for directions to Key West, wherever that may be, but a scene of a recent ride...turns out it is only 13 - 14 miles away, so quite local.
Ooops, that should be 1314 miles away - in wintry Florida, where the snow is on the peaks as KS ascends yet again. :smile:

As Ian might say..."Go Steve" *

*Ian, please translate for my followers, ta. :laugh:
You're quite right, it would appear that Kurt has indeed headed south for the winter, the clever money is on him migrating north as things start to warm up.

You're quite right, it would appear that Kurt has indeed headed south for the winter, the clever money is on him migrating north as things start to warm up.
Quite. The interesting thought (for my processing pea) is that Lands End to John O groats etc is 874 miles. If Steve migrated a similar distance to start riding around, he'd be in a little town called Donji Banjevac in Bosnia Hertzegovena..for example. 2114+Kms away - or 1314 miles...:smile:

Quite. The interesting thought (for my processing pea) is that Lands End to John O groats etc is 874 miles. If Steve migrated a similar distance to start riding around, he'd be in a little town called Donji Banjevac in Bosnia Hertzegovena..for example. 2114+Kms away - or 1314 miles...:smile:
Is it pan flat around there?

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I was talking to someone yesterday who said Steve has lost a lot of weight since the start.

I guess this is to be expected but he seems to eat well from what I have read.

Will this level off at his natural fighting weight or will he need to rethink his fuel intake sttrategy I wonder.

So when SA did his 220 mile ride, he left at 2.30am and normally he does 190ish by leaving at 5am, so what was the point of that. Earlier finish, didn't sleep well, easier day over a longer period with more rest?

Top Bottom