205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Discussion thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
By the way, did anyone else order a supporters jersey? See this post: 205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

I did, and it's still not arrived after 10 days. Did they maybe not want to get them made until they had orders (to avoid surplus stock) or something? Or has mine maybe just gone astray?

If you read the website, it states "We are offering this for pre-sale only until Sunday 22nd February. All orders will ship at the end of March." ;)

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
It would have been nicer having one starting after another has ended but as is we are maybe better off celebrating both British and US records. Personally I don't like the progress report doing a head to head. Separated Steve progress and Kurt progress threads would be better received by me.

It would also be good to have US guests posting on Kurts progress, He don't ever seem to be going anywhere, unlike Steve.

I think it's generally me that posts Kurts videos in the progress thread and I do that because as far as I am aware it's the progress thread for the record attempt, not just a progress thread for Steves attempt at the record. I do get the impression that there are some posters that aren't interested in what Kurt is doing, but I have assumed that there would be some that are. After all, the attempt is for a world record, not a British or US version of a record.
I'm not sure what you mean by Kurt does not seem to be going anywhere unlike Steve, he's not going round and round a track (well OK he did once). Have a look at THIS link and drag the UK over to Florida, it's not that different.

Nope, it helps turn it all into a distance race. A dangerous mindset considering the end race implications.
What does this mean?

This^^^^
Let's stick to the one thread it makes things easier to follow.
Yeah, I agree. Riding to work this morning, and thinking of all Kurt's spilt blood already (wait 'til he starts getting caught in the 'grinder'...) the other person suited to play him would be that loveable reservoir pup, JT (no, not him Ian, the one that has an 'ology')
Travolta%20-%20WENN.jpg

Kurt, showing how he's gonna put blood on this forearm...

Attachments

• Travolta%20-%20WENN.jpg
    Travolta%20-%20WENN.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 32

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
From Chris Hopkinsons Facebook

Chris 'Hoppo' hopkinson

14 mins ·
Having just returned from Florida, doing 430.4miles in the Sebring 24hr, I am the only person to have ridden with both Steve and Kurt this year. Both are in excellent shape and are riding super strong. The weather in Florida at the moment is worse than ours believe it or not!
I am happy to field any questions??

tommaguzzi

Über Member
Beer is banned by the organisers. But only for Steve apparently.
10998865_1576569472584760_4015997490460311276_n-jpg.80238.jpg

Also see video posted on page 41 of progress thread.

Attachments

• 10998865_1576569472584760_4015997490460311276_n-jpg.80238.jpg
    10998865_1576569472584760_4015997490460311276_n-jpg.80238.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Are they allowed to have a day off? Presumably they don't have to ride every single day? I've wondered this if they are feeling really unwell, rather than the weather putting them off.

Top Bottom