‘Run Of The Mill’, But Curious For Some Reason

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Monday 26th

I drove to work in the ‘free Corsa‘ this morning
At that time, l had the pick of the car-park
When l got back to it at 14:00, it had a younger sibling parked alongside ^_^

IMG_1265.jpeg

Although l’m not sure that a Corsa can ’excite’??
Heck!, ours is the ‘S’ model, which in its case stands for ‘Slow’
IMG_1266.jpeg

Monday 2nd

Spotted in this evenings episode of Police Interceptors

I know of the Polo ‘Harlequin’, but a Golf!?!
A DIY job?

IMG_1344.jpeg

screenman

Legendary Member
Both I reckon. Generally only Dub fans would know about the Harlequins but I can't see many of them setting out to re-create one unless the car is untidy

Also known as the Beneton.

gbb

Squire
Both I reckon. Generally only Dub fans would know about the Harlequins but I can't see many of them setting out to re-create one unless the car is untidy

Not sure if it was an official spec but we hired a Suzuki jeep ragtop in Kos I think, also had a harlequin paint job.
Rough as a dog, but great fun.

I wonder why they exlicitly specify the Nurburgring and Nordschleife?

I believe they are both technically public roads (one way only of course!), but you can pay to drive round them. You are theoretically subject to normal road rules, but no speed limit, so it encourages some "highly exuberant" driving by petrolheads, with occasionally damaging consequences. Of course, they might try to tell their insurer that their car finished upside down with all four corners wiped off because it slid on a patch of oil, or some such justification, but I guess insurers have got fed up with claims arising from those roads.....

Alex321

Guru
I believe they are both technically public roads (one way only of course!), but you can pay to drive round them. You are theoretically subject to normal road rules, but no speed limit, so it encourages some "highly exuberant" driving by petrolheads, with occasionally damaging consequences. Of course, they might try to tell their insurer that their car finished upside down with all four corners wiped off because it slid on a patch of oil, or some such justification, but I guess insurers have got fed up with claims arising from those roads.....

That makes sense as to why the insurers specify them. Track days but not on "tracks".

Top Bottom