‘Run Of The Mill’, But Curious For Some Reason

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
Even with the Mini, it’s still tight. The one in the right goes on first, then it’s easier to use that as a guide to back the other on next to it, I can virtually do it blindfolded now.

IMG_3758.jpeg

lazybloke

Considering a new username
@Gunk, that's more of a maxi than a mini.

Apols if you object to me comparing the modern mini to a 1960s Leyland monstrosity, but actually the Maxi was groundbreaking in many ways.
Either that or I'm in denial that my first car was a rusting piece of s***.

Jody

Stubborn git
@bikingdad90
@Jody

Owned, circa 2008 - 2013?

Someone had significantly better luck than I did. Yours looked nice in Black and a similar spec to the one I had.

1 year and it swallowed £4.5k (at mates rates)

Air-con condesnor seized, shredded the belt and nearly set on fire

Dual mass let go

New alternator

Injectors

Then the top end went so had to do a dodgy one to chop it in and get some decent money back.

I gave the Jag + £200 for my Octavia VRS and it's been almost trouble free for the last 8 years. From the worst motor to probably one of my favourites.

Drago

Legendary Member
The X type got a lot of slating, mainly from folk who'd never driven one, but Jaaaaaag did a surprisingly competent job with the ingredients available to them. A more poised chassis, better steering, better finished, not bad looking. The 4x4 shooting brake version was a very accomplished machine.

Sadly not a trick they managed to repeat elsewhere.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
That's not a GTi, but a junior I think...
Low spec, small engine, but in good condition.

Saw this immaculate 205 Gti in Dieppe a couple of weeks ago. Drew my eye because we had one in the 90s; was excellent fun. Ours was only the 1.6, unlike this 1.9

1721389700149.png

A mate had a Renault 5 GT Turbo at the same time; the similarities had never occurred to me until looking at this pic.
And numerous other fantastic cars there; some much older; many in mint or concours condition.

Top Bottom