‘Run Of The Mill’, But Curious For Some Reason

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshow

Veteran
Saw this immaculate 205 Gti in Dieppe a couple of weeks ago. Drew my eye because we had one in the 90s; was excellent fun. Ours was only the 1.6, unlike this 1.9

View attachment 738129

A mate had a Renault 5 GT Turbo at the same time; the similarities had never occurred to me until looking at this pic.
And numerous other fantastic cars there; some much older; many in mint or concours condition.

Lovely had a few 205 but never a GTi!

Sunday 21st
Not the '4th, or possibly even 6th/7th Emergency Service'??

Aire & Calder Navigation Canal (adjacent to 'Ramsdens Bridge')
'Stanley Ferry'
Stanley
Wakefield

IMG_0853.jpeg

The new bridge is locked 'closed' to canal traffic, whereas its predecessor was 'open' to canal traffic (as there was an adjacent footbridge (now closed); https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/6493092

Last edited:

DRM

Guru
At (roughly) what cost for 4 wheels, & I presume they'll not remove the tyres

AFAIK alloy refurbs go for between £50-£100 each, the tyres come off, then are refitted, balanced & new valves, if the car needs new tyres, a set of used alloys might actually be a cheaper option with serviceable tyres on, I'm guessing new tyres will be about £70-£80 a corner, for something of decent quality, not cheap ditch finders

I've just insured (from Saturday) the 'free Corsa', (TPF&T/business cover/2 x drivers @ £140), as I kept forgetting to ask my mother to sign the V5 so we could send it back to Swansea
I'll tax it tomorrow, as I'd lose a month taxing it today (£35/year!!)

I’ve just looked at the insurance certificate, l can’t see that l’ve ever noticed the ‘Nurburgring clause’ on any of my previous policies!!
(I doubt in this case that a 1.0litre/3-cylinder Corsa would be any good around there (not in my hands anyway)

IMG_0983.jpeg

4 new tyres ordered for the Corsa
They’re being fitted on Monday

The originals are definitely ‘dead’, they rumble as though they’re ‘work hardened’ with no give/compliance to the road surface

4 new tyres ordered for the Corsa
They’re being fitted on Monday

The originals are definitely ‘dead’, they rumble as though they’re ‘work hardened’ with no give/compliance to the road surface
They’re being fitted as l type

I arrived at 13:00, & was asked to reverse straight in to the bay

IMG_1110.jpeg

As of this moment (13:20) 3 are back on car, 4th is being balanced!!

EDIT @ 14:15
The paint needs touching up now, after removal of previous balance weights

IMG_1112.jpeg

I called at ASDA - Glasshoughton, on the way home
A Skoda Roomster in the background, & a (silver) Yeti parked just out of camera shot to my left

IMG_1113.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom