Holiday plans. Do you have any?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
My evening was spent visiting General Tito's villa in Igalo, Montenegro. Having been built in the 1970's it's been abandoned for 40+ years. Imagine a large house of 1970's IKEA plus a big pool. Oh, and a nuclear bunker.

PXL_20230719_163644062.jpg

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
A week cycle tour in Mid August and a week walking in Dolomites in Sept

gbb

Legendary Member
Our daughter, husband and their grandson planned to get back from Cornwall to Peterborough in around 6 or 7 hours yesterday....it took them 12. The dreaded A30
We have travelled back in years gone by and seen ten, twenty, maybe thirty miles of static traffic on the M3 headed south...thankfully headed the opposite way to us.
Weymouth next week with our granddaughter...I want to leave REALLY early, everyone else wants to leave at 6am.
Granddaughter (7) is incredibly excited :hyper:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Our daughter, husband and their grandson planned to get back from Cornwall to Peterborough in around 6 or 7 hours yesterday....it took them 12. The dreaded A30
We have travelled back in years gone by and seen ten, twenty, maybe thirty miles of static traffic on the M3 headed south...thankfully headed the opposite way to us.
Weymouth next week with our granddaughter...I want to leave REALLY early, everyone else wants to leave at 6am.
Granddaughter (7) is incredibly excited :hyper:

our hols to south devon mid aug, not looking forward to the m5 , threatened the kids that if were not on the road early enough then i would avoid it but not sure how to tell the gps app how to plan a route .
Next year already booked as my workplace always has the same 2 week shutdown so i took a guess and rightly got the week right so we have longer to pay for it as even a caravan hol is now the best part of £1200 for a basic jobbie this time of year .Trouble is i have 2 sprogs still in school/ college so im pretty much trapped and getting other school holiday times off work is about a 10 % chance .

Reactions: gbb

vickster

Legendary Member
our hols to south devon mid aug, not looking forward to the m5 , threatened the kids that if were not on the road early enough then i would avoid it but not sure how to tell the gps app how to plan a route .
Next year already booked as my workplace always has the same 2 week shutdown so i took a guess and rightly got the week right so we have longer to pay for it as even a caravan hol is now the best part of £1200 for a basic jobbie this time of year .Trouble is i have 2 sprogs still in school/ college so im pretty much trapped and getting other school holiday times off work is about a 10 % chance .

When’s your knee op? Be aware you may not be able to drive for a few weeks. My quickest was about 2 weeks, left knee, automatic. Was a good 4 weeks this year for right knee Iirc

vickster

Legendary Member
doc says couple of days to drive, its about 3 weeks post op

Hmmm, 3 weeks should be ok though, get physio booked in asap, I’ve always started around 10 days after when the stitches are removed. Your insurer should include post op sessions.
Build in plenty of breaks, share the driving and be prepared for swelling

Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
My evening was spent visiting General Tito's villa in Igalo, Montenegro. Having been built in the 1970's it's been abandoned for 40+ years. Imagine a large house of 1970's IKEA plus a big pool. Oh, and a nuclear bunker.

View attachment 699359

pool looks a bit dry :laugh:

we used to regularly drive past his summer place in Bled, Slovenia, which is now a hotel

DogmaStu

I was on Boa Vista island, Cape Verde a week ago. My second visit in 4 years. Great time, adults-only hotel, plenty of Sun and relaxation.

Going to Slovakia for a week late September (girlfriend's parents) and will take a bike; excellent cycling there.

Maybe South Africa or the USA for Christmas/New Year.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Hmmm, 3 weeks should be ok though, get physio booked in asap, I’ve always started around 10 days after when the stitches are removed. Your insurer should include post op sessions.
Build in plenty of breaks, share the driving and be prepared for swelling

Did ok as we went very early the traffic was very good 4 hours including one stop rather than 8-9 that it can take .knee was a bit sore by the end of the day but I did walk about 3 miles too

Top Bottom