Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I stopped with the lead group for the first 18 miles then started to drop back, the hills even though not very long there are some steep bits

TdZ 6 is up the Alpe according to a post on Zwift forums
I'll go with my NY tactic .... blast out the blocks then settle in with whichever group I land with, trying to conserve energy. Attack the hill hard, then over the top just find a group again to sit in, trying not to work too hard. The hardest part is trying not to chase people up the climbs when you've been riding with them in a group on the flats.

At least now I know to expect 80 minutes or so, rather than 60 mins, so I can try and pace myself accordingly ....... oh, who am I kidding, I'll just work myself into the group and bugger pacing!!! :wacko::laugh::sweat:

JuhaL

Guru
I am not surprised if we found again at least 5 riders of us who are almost in 30sec or at least in 60sec.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Yeah, they opposed the segregated bike lanes proposed for whole length of R road saying it would hurt trade , so in protest we have taken our custom elsewhere, Dugard and daughters. I think they and other local shops ignored suggestion could increase trade locally by delivering by cargo bike. Now Boxers, if you had been working there:biggrin:
I spent 2 years working for my Grand Father Bert @Scotch Meats as Saturday Boy and Apprentice until the partner fiddled the books so much I was lot go :cursing:. That was in the early 80's. My Uncle now runs it and has for about 20 years. Bert passed on 10 or so years ago. They've always had a good rep for quality and had customers follow from various shops Bert ran.

The joys of Anerley Hill and Gypsy Hill for my commute by bike :bicycle:.

Whorty

I spent 2 years working for my Grand Father Bert @Scotch Meats as Saturday Boy and Apprentice until the partner fiddled the books so much I was lot go :cursing:. That was in the early 80's. My Uncle now runs it and has for about 20 years. Bert passed on 10 or so years ago. They've always had a good rep for quality and had customers follow from various shops Bert ran.

The joys of Anerley Hill and Gypsy Hill for my commute by bike :bicycle:.
I'll always used Deen's bike shop in Beckenham. Chris there was always a help, especially to a technical numpty like me :tongue:

I'll go with my NY tactic .... blast out the blocks then settle in with whichever group I land with, trying to conserve energy. Attack the hill hard, then over the top just find a group again to sit in, trying not to work too hard. The hardest part is trying not to chase people up the climbs when you've been riding with them in a group on the flats.

At least now I know to expect 80 minutes or so, rather than 60 mins, so I can try and pace myself accordingly ....... oh, who am I kidding, I'll just work myself into the group and bugger pacing!!! :wacko::laugh::sweat:
Don’t like some of the words here!
Blast, attack?
You said social :whistle:

JuhaL

Guru
My plan was too make a brutal attack immediate after start and after finish line see the damages i have done. But because i'm a flexible man i can do what is best for the whole group of participants and give up my principles :whistle:.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I'll always used Deen's bike shop in Beckenham. Chris there was always a help, especially to a technical numpty like me :tongue:
My go to was a little shop between West Croydon and Thornton Heath called Evans (not related afaik). Real old school shop. Dealt with Peugeot bikes and I bought my first proper bike from there. Something like these
IMG_2990-1.jpg
7e217c801cde10956b907e95421d7a8d---dark.jpg

Always wanted a Roberts hand built, couldn't afford one then, but by the time I got round to getting one this time Chas appears to have retired. Such a shame he'd been going 35 year plus.

Last edited:

Whorty

Don’t like some of the words here!
Blast, attack?
You said social :whistle:
Yeah, you know, a social blast .... ;)

Hopefully we'll get to see each other and work together on the course but with so many riders about and only being able to see about 100 others, this may not be the case.

The hills look short and sharp. First one after 12 km. Power up and over .... piece of cake :biggrin:

Top Bottom