Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I think I’ll try and make the 4pm slot today. 2pm will be too close to lunch for me :rolleyes:

If there is enough riders, I expect you to go sub 50 mins:okay:

Perky77

@Perky77 just saw that you finished stage 2 inn 59:59 :notworthy: That's a nice target for me to chase later :biggrin: Not sure how my chest feels yet, so will see if I can give you a run for your money or not :boxing: I'll know once I hit the first KoM - will need to average 250+ for the 7.5 mins of that climb.

Well done @rob01792 and @CXRAndy too :okay:

Thanks @Whorty for your words of encouragement at the bottom of the last KOM and before the last kick. I certainly wouldn’t have pushed as hard as I did without it. It made the last 10mins a challenge holding on but enjoyed it in a weird way. Well chuffed I beat the hour by one second even though I thought it was by about 20/30 seconds on the clock and my last time by 30 seconds. Does ZP include the time until you come to a stop?

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Thanks @Whorty for your words of encouragement at the bottom of the last KOM and before the last kick. I certainly wouldn’t have pushed as hard as I did without it. It made the last 10mins a challenge holding on but enjoyed it in a weird way. Well chuffed I beat the hour by one second even though I thought it was by about 20/30 seconds on the clock and my last time by 30 seconds. Does ZP include the time until you come to a stop?
Not sure how ZP times compare to Strava. For e.g., on ToNY 3 my strava time is slightly faster than ZP. I think it's because ZP includes the bit from the start pen to the road (that's my assumption anyway). ZP should stop though once you cross the finish line (whereas Strava will continue recording time until you end the zwift session).

It's your ZP time I'll be chasing :laugh: Still coughing due to chest infection, so we'll see how it works out once I hit that first KoM :training: I'll give it my all and have my inhaler with me should I need it :biggrin:

Glad the encouragement helped. It always spurs me on when I know someone is watching and shouting me on. Always seem to find that bit of extra energy.

peterob

Veteran
If there is enough riders, I expect you to go sub 50 mins:okay:
That sounds way too far a stretch on that course, even at my fittest! :crazy:. I'll do my normal - intend to go out steady but end up trying to stay with a fast pack and suffering way before the end ^_^

I missed this stage on the ToNY so won't have anything to compare against.

Did you end up doing this stage alongside a TR workout again Andy?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
That sounds way too far a stretch on that course, even at my fittest! :crazy:. I'll do my normal - intend to go out steady but end up trying to stay with a fast pack and suffering way before the end ^_^

Yes I paired with TR to make it a tempo workout.
The two climbs are for the likes of you and Lee around 5-5.30. They are quite steep, but if you set difficulty to less than 30% will flatten the course. It just means you have to keep and consistent pace to keep power up. Your style will suit that. I tried a race with zero difficulty, albeit flatter, but was able to make my usual power and only changed gear once over the race.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

Checked out my ToNY and I can say .... first 3 mins is fast into the KoM. The KoM (for me) is about 7.5 mins long. Not much prep therefore to get ready for this first KoM so make sure you're warmed up well. Second KoM is about 30 mins in. I reckon you can blast that first KoM and with the drafting available you can get enough rest to be ready for the second KoM. After second KoM (also about 7.5 mins long for me) it's down and flat run in so make sure you get into a group and draft hard :okay:

kipster

Guru
This.

It’s hard enough at 32/30!
AdZ is fine on 30/26 (old triple)

36x28 = 33.93 gear inches
30x26 = 30.24 gear inches
32x30 = 28.14 gear inches

So Bob has the spinniest gearing and Juhal and TB the grindiest (unless TB uses the 42 which gives 22.62 gear inches :eek:)

Last edited:

kipster

Guru
@CXRAndy. Not the right thread but I’m sure you have the answer as will a few other well travelled riders. I’m 89kg. Going Mallorca in May. First time for me. What gearing would you suggest for a “larger” lad.
No very steep climbs so 34x30 or 34x32 (for a breather) allow a steady cadence on the climbs. The bikes we hired from the hotel were 34x32 but I climbed SA Calobra in 34x28 / 34x30 only using 32 for the final ramp after the loop (horrible headwind)

kipster

Guru
Checked out my ToNY and I can say .... first 3 mins is fast into the KoM. The KoM (for me) is about 7.5 mins long. Not much prep therefore to get ready for this first KoM so make sure you're warmed up well. Second KoM is about 30 mins in. I reckon you can blast that first KoM and with the drafting available you can get enough rest to be ready for the second KoM. After second KoM (also about 7.5 mins long for me) it's down and flat run in so make sure you get into a group and draft hard :okay:

I didn't get any rest between the two KoMs

Top Bottom