Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
@berty bassett - football cancelled so I might be able to do the TOL after all. What time and what distance are you planning to do?
sorry boss i didnt check in - had a battle with dean - his new weight suits the hills !

Breedon

Legendary Member
I thought it was safe - then I saw Dean stealth bombing me ! The little blue blob was steaming through the crowd !
I really really enjoyed that, start went very well i was right at the front even infront of lee I'm sure he got a shock when he saw me :tongue:, at the base of the climb i was still in front, then as we climbed i was around 25th with lee behind just after the kom banner i dropped my chain on the front ring and lee went steaming ahead where he stayed although he used the draft power up to get by me :tongue:, stayed around 30 seconds with times catching up but again dropped my chain in exactly the same place so lost more time.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I thought it was safe - then I saw Dean stealth bombing me ! The little blue blob was steaming through the crowd !
No worries Lee I did the long route at 7pm - on achey legs so nothing special in terms of time as I was forced to take it a bit easy - kind of glad you weren't there Tempting me to push any harder!

bobinski

Legendary Member
I really really enjoyed that, start went very well i was right at the front even infront of lee I'm sure he got a shock when he saw me :tongue:, at the base of the climb i was still in front, then as we climbed i was around 25th with lee behind just after the kom banner i dropped my chain on the front ring and lee went steaming ahead where he stayed although he used the draft power up to get by me :tongue:, stayed around 30 seconds with times catching up but again dropped my chain in exactly the same place so lost more time.

Dean,
Looks like you have got your mojo back:thumbsup:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
What reality setting you using for races Dean? I knock mine down to 30-40% so I can stay in front big ring whole race, else I' always dropping my chain! Could be worth considering ... I know many do this for the same reason :okay:

JLaw

Veteran
Two good races so far this week. Of course ZP is going goofy again on my category. It's saying I'm D-cat again, but I didn't know that so I signed up for C cat in both races.

Monday was watopia 8, so climbing the little KOM once in each direction. If it were back in April I'd be looking to hold the fast group through both climbs. But these days I'm just trying not to be last if there's any climbing. I really don't remember anything about this race. I finished near the bottom of C. Would have crushed D, so C was probably a better choice regardless of what cat ZP thinks I should be racing.

Tuesday was a couple laps on the jungle circuit. So a good climb on the approach and two climbs on the circuit. I think we had something like 80 in the pens for C group. I didn't try to stick with the fast boys knowing the climbing ahead of me. We had a good sized group as we approached the climb. Perhaps 30. Many zipped past, which was expected. I crawled past a much smaller number of riders near the end of the climb. That pattern repeated itself climbing out of the jungle, but with a smaller & slower group. I was able to catch a wheel climbing up the little bridge the first time and we formed up another small group that stuck together until the second climb out and we broke up. Rode with one other rider for the final few miles. I was red-lined from the climb and we were well ahead of the next group, so I was content to let the other guy pull at whatever pace he wanted while I rested. I launched about 300M out and it didn't look like the other rider even tried. It was a bit of a disappointment. Ultimately I ended up 51st out of 55 on ZP. That other rider I finished with wasn't on ZP.

Planning on the KISS EUR tomorrow. 6 laps on the london classique course. I've had a couple good rides on that since the first embolism, so I'll stick with C, even though ZP would let me ride D. The climbs aren't terribly long and if I can get a good break prior to the climb I can often stick with my group or recapture them on the flats. I'll be looking for companions to pull me around! :-)

peterob

Veteran
I have to say couple days off without cycling is make me feel impatient. Ready to explode the Zwift again :biggrin:
I know what you mean. I’ve had two weeks off the bike now and another two still to go before I ‘remount’. I’m itching to get back on but know I’ll need a good few weeks to get back into any sort of form. Too much indulgent eating and certainly excessive drinking will have take n their toll! :eek:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
you would have thought that i would have felt guilty about taking the win !:wahhey:

its not a race you know :biggrin:

Top Bottom