Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alex_cycles

Veteran
In D race tonight I'm ranked last out of 27 :eek: 7 of the riders are old B cat...... just be hoping to hang on as long as possible but last place is what I'm looking at :laugh:

Edit: worst out of 31 now!
Expectations set. Need to get myself to the finish line with others and see if I have any sprint left so I don't come last :training:

Edit 2 : just saw @CXRAndy 's time of 34:41 from this mornings race - something to aim for. I have a much larger field so assuming I can get to Northumberland Ave and then over the top, with a few riders, then I may have a chance. Saying that though, the race the other day I was dead after 15 mins so to hold on for 34 mins may be very optimistic xx(:surrender:

Zwiftracing.app has you mid-pack at 17th of 35 (using adjusted vELO) which I would guess is likely a bit more accurate.

Anyway have fun, regardless. You've also got Tim Hanson in your pen. He's the guy behind Zwiftracing.app

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I've joined your race Carl , so I can watch it live and encourage you along 👍

Del has joined too

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Zwiftracing.app has you mid-pack at 17th of 35 (using adjusted vELO) which I would guess is likely a bit more accurate.

Anyway have fun, regardless. You've also got Tim Hanson in your pen. He's the guy behind Zwiftracing.app

I was looking at w/kg (that I still trust and is mostly accurate) plus had a look at a number or riders ZRS score (could only find one lower than me, the guy who joined the pen last).

Being a flat course though, I'm hoping I can hold on

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Turns out you can't join and watch others race on the Zwift App. You need sensors , power and speed to join. Couldn't so wasn't able to offer some encouragement

bridgy

Legendary Member
Well I was ranked 22nd out of 32 - only 24 ended up racing and I came 12th. So pretty much to form I guess! Basically came down to a bunch sprint despite lots of attempts by people to break away (not me, I was hanging on!)

I can tell I haven't raced hard like that for a long time - that hurt a lot more than it should have!

Whorty

Last but one .... only not last because Phil kindly dragged me along from the halfway point. We managed to hold off a guy who was 6-10 seconds behind from the halfway point when the 3 of us were dropped by the pack.

I was on my last legs from 12 minutes in. That did not feel like a D race.

@CXRAndy , we missed your time by about 15 seconds I think. :notworthy:

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Hurrah! My Broadband is working again! (It was just that we needed a new router, but our ISP was fucking useless about actually sending us a new one.)

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Last but one .... only not last because Phil kindly dragged me along from the halfway point. We managed to hold off a guy who was 6-10 seconds behind from the halfway point when the 3 of us were dropped by the pack.

It's like racing top end of the category. You did very well both of you plus Del😁👍

13 rider

Guru
As I found myself alone in the CCC warm up pen ( thanks for organising Steve ) I did a little extra warm up then joined the D pen in Alex's race series , technically I could have joined E but I was only 2.5 points below D and I recognised names in D so I dropped in there .Hung on till halfway until the slight incline from where me and Carl just rode together keeping the last rider behind us for 30th and 31st. Interestingly this result lowered my racing score but my time would have put me 2nd in E cat by 1 second perhaps I should have entered that cat🤣. A good workout though , away next week but will be back for more

Whorty

I've joined your race Carl , so I can watch it live and encourage you along 👍

Del has joined too

I saw Del in the race - he's a decent B usually.

After the rise up Northumberland I was hanging on at the back until Phil and I were dropped just before the Whitehall climb the second time. I tried to hang on but the pack had gone.

The positive from the race, I lost another 14 or so ZRS points :laugh: A dozen more races and it may have me accurate :biggrin:

Whorty

As I found myself alone in the CCC warm up pen ( thanks for organising Steve ) I did a little extra warm up then joined the D pen in Alex's race series , technically I could have joined E but I was only 2.5 points below D and I recognised names in D so I dropped in there .Hung on till halfway until the slight incline from where me and Carl just rode together keeping the last rider behind us for 30th and 31st. Interestingly this result lowered my racing score but my time would have put me 2nd in E cat by 1 second perhaps I should have entered that cat🤣. A good workout though , away next week but will be back for more

Just looked at your ZRS score - it's 42 below me haha

I'm really intrigued @alex_cycles what stats put my score where it is when my recent riding is nowhere near. How far back does the algorithm look? My w/kg is low, my results are low, so do we know what it's using to create that initial seed score?

alex_cycles

Veteran

It wasn't a D race. It just started in the D pen. It was a 350-450 race.

(I know - we've all got a bit of adjusting to do :laugh: even I find it hard to get my head round it and I'm organising it ^_^)

Top Bottom