Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
If anyone interested, I had the Meilstein Lightweight wheels tonight. Clearly not a great choice in the jungle :wacko:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Thank God I got my run in on Tuesday before they introduced the treacle.
:reading:

Although it will teach me not to read start times! I could have done Tuesday, if only I'd paid more attention ha ha
I think this was implemented in the 1st October update so wou,d have affected Tuesday's race as well - see https://forums.zwift.com/t/game-update-oct-1-2019/113655

Edit: I did 6:47 @ 270w on that descent on Tuesday vs a PR of 5.41 @278w. Both on the Neo. Even slower today but I wasn't trying as hard (only 254w) so hard to compare.

Last edited:
Not sure what happened tonight - maybe I am as crap as I think, or something strange going on. My time tonight was 11 minutes slower than I did in Feb, and an average of 33 watts less :wacko: I've lost quite a bit of weight since then so maybe this has resulted in a loss of power too?

There were times when I was pushing 2.7/2.8 w/kg on the flat and people were flying past me at 1.4 w/kg. I was only moving at 25 kph when normally at those watts I'd be 30-32 kph. Happened a few times, when transitioning between gradients to flat.

I lost the group as we hit the KoM. I was at the back pushing 3.3 w/kg. As you all passed a rider doing (I think) about 2.5 w/kg he decided to try to latch on. He increased his watts to 3.0 w/kg, you all flew past, but as I reached him I sticky drafted to his wheel. Lost me 2 kph and then just couldn't get back on - burnt a lot of energy there.

With about 4.5 km to go wifey had an emergency so had to hop off the bike to help her for a few minutes; I'd like to say this didn't help, but I was so far back by then that the rest was welcome :laugh: May have to try that again to see if I can improve my time.

The only positive to all this? ......... I'm off to County Cycles this weekend to (hopefully) buy myself a swanky new Bianchi 🍾
Can @kipster show you his with the red cables and handlebar tape. You may not want to copy exactly but it sure looked sharp.

Del C

Veteran
I think this was implemented in the 1st October update so wou,d have affected Tuesday's race as well - see https://forums.zwift.com/t/game-update-oct-1-2019/113655

Edit: I did 6:47 @ 270w on that descent on Tuesday vs a PR of 5.41 @278w. Both on the Neo. Even slower today but I wasn't trying as hard (only 254w) so hard to compare.
I think Zwift Insider said it was Tuesday night.

That probably means US Pacific Coast time so likely after our Tuesday race.

At least I hope so as that would explain my times tonight

I think Zwift Insider said it was Tuesday night.

That probably means US Pacific Coast time so likely after our Tuesday race.

At least I hope so as that would explain my times tonight

i did the update to Zwift Tuesday afternoon and restarted my apple tv to make sure the update was applied ok ,so in theory any changes to Zwift should have happened when updated

bridgy

Legendary Member
Yes I agree if Tuesday's race wasn't affected and Thursday's was we'll have to re-start the league next week - there goes my nice healthy lead over Lee!

In the meantime, plenty of research on which wheelset to use to minimise the time loss on the gravel. Could be the end of nearly always using the tron bike because you can't change the wheels on that!

I’m not very IT savvy but could zwift do the changes via the update but they don’t come into action until a certain time? Ie after tuesdays meet as I had updated before? Agree though if that is possible then should run again even though it was my best race ever :blush:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Yes I agree if Tuesday's race wasn't affected and Thursday's was we'll have to re-start the league next week - there goes my nice healthy lead over Lee!

In the meantime, plenty of research on which wheelset to use to minimise the time loss on the gravel. Could be the end of nearly always using the tron bike because you can't change the wheels on that!
Please don’t restart on my account

O go on then !
I knew you had a flyer on Tuesday and it was as good as a tt without the bike , so I thought I had no choice but to try and do the same , effort wise I couldn’t have put much more in but I was time watching and knew I was way down on your time
It doesn’t matter at all to me so don’t feel it has to be restarted

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
And take no notice of tommy - I ain’t talking to him

^_^

take no notice of tommy when he suggests restarting the league? Starting to feel a little under appreciated around these parts. Next time I’ll just leave you to sulk around the house looking for things to kick !

seriously though restarting is a no brainer. We don’t need the grey area.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
1570175370105.png

for the last time i am not sulking !

Top Bottom