Your walk today...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
After 6 days of wall-to-wall sunshine pretty much. And temps mainly between 25 and 27 deg; with one full Morning of 31 degrees C - here in Sunny Beach, Bulgaria - the rain caught up with us today. Twas forecast for 1pm: so we set out maybe 10am and mostly avoided it with a 5 mile jaunt to New Nesebar - which so far we’d only bus’d through.

18 degrees when we left. I’m a bit of a big girl - but wasn’t in the slightest bit cold at all. Got a Tourist bus back (More expensive at 5 Lev / £2.20 each 🤣) as by then it was starting to get heavier. Bus was jammed. I mean rammed. Made a New York Subway in rush-hour look quite tame. All in all still better than being at work….😉

**58 miles walked this week. So far ! Tonights saunter for food will see 60 for sure 👍

View attachment 745458

View attachment 745459

View attachment 745460

View attachment 745461

View attachment 745462

View attachment 745463

I am deliberately not 'liking' your post...

... for including that incredibly tempting and mouth-watering display of Devil's food. :laugh:

It may even make me venture out of bed and go buy myself a cheesecake... :mrpig:

Good pic's as ever.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
I am deliberately not 'liking' your post...

... for including that incredibly tempting and mouth-watering display of Devil's food. :laugh:

It may even make me venture out of bed and go buy myself a cheesecake... :mrpig:

Good pic's as ever.

LMAO on: no comment / Bakery pic. We may have participated….. 🥳 To be fair on a New York travel group I’m on - my Wife is known as ‘The Cheesecake Lady’. One time at Christmas we couldn’t get a seat inside at Juniors (One of if not the best in NY). So we sat on our own outside in -4 deg C and ate it 🤣

IMG_8122.jpeg

Thanks for kind words on my pics…..👌 I do enjoy trying to spot a shot given half a chance.

Sounds like your Sunday is sorted. Enjoy…..

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Alarm set for 02:50 so daughter and I could head for the Peak District, Upper Burbage to be precise, for a walk I've done before (well, almost) though anticlockwise this time.
Screenshot_20240914-174040~2.png

Screenshot_20240915-111249~2.png
Unusually, we started from the high point for the walk, reached the valley bottom before climbing back to the high point again. (It wasn't as steep as the profile but was a bit hard going at some points!)

DSC_5467.JPG

DSC_5473~2.JPG

On Higgor Tor to catch the sunrise..

P9140013~2.JPG

Some Heather still in bloom..

P9140032~2.JPG

Boot wash in Burbage Brook, a tributary of the River Dove.

P9140022~2.JPG

P9140020~2.JPG

Padley Abbey..

From Padley, we headed for Grindleford Station to try out the café there. It doesn't open until 09:00 so we had 20 minutes to wait but were first in the growing queue.. It's a slightly peculiar place, and yesterday it only did cash though the sign said otherwise, but the wonderfully large breakfast included bread & butter + tea or coffee for £8..👍
On leaving, after 100 yards we had a steep climb into Padley Gorge to shift the breakfast <burp> then the walk along the tumbling brook through an almost Jurassic Park wood!

P9140033~2.JPG

Middle of nowhere, atop Burbage Rocks.. Maybe chiselling out a trough?

P9140036~3.JPG

And, with the car in the background, some climbers.. 🧗‍♂️

Back on just under 10 miles 👌

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
DSC_5474~2.JPG

The footpath (!!!) down from Higgor Tor to reach Carl Wark Iron Age fort..

DSC_5494.JPG

No1 daughter and moi..

DSC_5488.JPG

As it says..

DSC_5496.JPG

Daughter taking in the vista from Higgor Tor.

P9140025~2.JPG

The stile into Padley Gorge.

A few random photos from yesterday's walk in the Peaks..

Last edited:

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
That really was quite some sunrise this Morning. Glad I was up to see it 😎

IMG_5698.jpeg

IMG_5699.jpeg

IMG_5714.jpeg

IMG_5715.jpeg

IMG_5719.jpeg

IMG_5720.jpeg

IMG_5723.jpeg

IMG_5724.jpeg

Pleasant couple of miles (After 3 miles on our normal early Morning jaunt) up and down Great Yarmouth sea-front with pup. Considering its her first time here - and with the amount of people, the smells, the trains running up and down, the horses etc etc…….she did good 🙏

View attachment 747165

View attachment 747166

View attachment 747167

View attachment 747168

View attachment 747169

View attachment 747170

View attachment 747171

That's a couple of beers worth of calories that need replenishing, but guess an ice-cream will do :okay:

Top Bottom