Your walk today...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Similar to yesterday's walk but a bit shorter as it was precipitating it down ☔
DSC_5272~3.JPG

Screenshot_20240824-154915~2.png

Much better than sitting in a truck or a canteen, though!

AlanW

Guru
As per usual, I got carried away and went further (a lot further!!!) than I intended.

1724511936358.png

PeteXXX

Fairly early, (but not sunrise early!) walk today..
After the grotty weather of the last couple of days where I only managed to get a few miles in around Cromer, it was sunny and calm this morning though a bit chilly.
After a bowl of porridge, we drove to, and parked in, Brixworth, about 4 miles away, to walk a circuit of Pitsford reservoir.

DSC_5271.JPG

Bonnie likes Pitsford as there's lots of rabbits to think she can catch.. No chance, not that I'd let her anyway 😂
P8250070.JPG

P8250079.JPG

DSC_5278.JPG

Halfway water stop 💦

P8250088.JPG

Screenshot_20240825-140312~2.png

Back to the car on about 8 miles, (Bonnie did an extra mile or so as there's lots of lovely smells to sniff) I was ready for a coffee once we got home 🏡
Lovely way to start the day.. 👍

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Fairly early, (but not sunrise early!) walk today..
After the grotty weather of the last couple of days where I only managed to get a few miles in around Cromer, it was sunny and calm this morning though a bit chilly.
After a bowl of porridge, we drove to, and parked in, Brixworth, about 4 miles away, to walk a circuit of Pitsford reservoir.

View attachment 742620
Bonnie likes Pitsford as there's lots of rabbits to think she can catch.. No chance, not that I'd let her anyway 😂
View attachment 742618

View attachment 742616

View attachment 742615

Halfway water stop 💦

View attachment 742617

View attachment 742619

Back to the car on about 8 miles, (Bonnie did an extra mile or so as there's lots of lovely smells to sniff) I was ready for a coffee once we got home 🏡
Lovely way to start the day.. 👍

8 miles ! That’s a bl*%#y decent dog walk. Looks a great area to do it too…..

PeteXXX

8 miles ! That’s a bl*%#y decent dog walk. Looks a great area to do it too…..

She's got just as much energy at the end as when we start! 😂
We tend to do 2 to 3 miles a day with a long walk once every week or so. It's better now it's a bit cooler. During the hot weather I didn't take her too far.
Yes, it's a nice walk but, as you can imagine, it gets very busy, especially during skool hols, with lots of jogging and cycling around the circuit. Hence the early, quiet, start.

gbb

Squire
Took two of our grand daughters (living with us) for a walk into the local disused brickpits, particularly to collect fossils, almost exclusively bellemnites.
Their dad found a small icyhyosaur tooth there years ago when he was a kid.
Took a different tack today, digging down into the spoil heaps, opening up the clay into wafers and found these, very fragile imprints, not actual fossils

20240826_142727.jpg

Appears to be a ammonite type shell..

20240826_142455.jpg

Appears to be plant matter almost twig like with growths

20240826_143642.jpg

Strange pattern, almost fin like.

Also watched as P51 Mustang G-JERK flew over, then back 20 minutes later.

Attachments

• 20240826_142727.jpg
    20240826_142727.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Another 3 miles with the pooch this AM

IMG_5199.jpeg

IMG_5196.jpeg

IMG_5198.jpeg

. It’s now pretty much dark when I start and finish. And only the main parts of the walk are lit…..

BST might be drawing to a close - but it’s still very humid in the mornings early. Strava says it’s was 17c ‘ish. Felt every bit that this am walking in light joggers and a very thin training top as always…..

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Off to Cromer again 🚚 👍

Screenshot_20240831-173310~2.png

Slightly different direction today to try & spot the Banksy.. It's eroded, shingled up and barely visible now. Still, it's mt first one..
DSC_5317~2.JPG

I'll let you check the original if you so desire but it's 'crabs'.

DSC_5310.JPG

DSC_5314~2.JPG

DSC_5319.JPG

DSC_5328.JPG

About 3½ miles in lovely weather: an improvement on last week!!
Back to the truck, some tea & toast before driving the 3 hours home.

None of my walks are as scenic as the above.

But, on this morning's dog walk, we found a dumped bike (Raleigh single speed) and brought it home. Local constabulary don't want to know. Posts have gone on social media. Not listed on bikeregister.com.

Top Bottom