Your walk today...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
You are going for your walk before I start my previous day's sleep! :whistle:

These days it is typically 04:00 to 05:00 when I finally drift off.

I don't normally wake up until about 10:00 unless I have things to do before then.

I’m supposed to work 7.30am until 4pm. We’re so busy at work I’ve not done that for 3 (?) years . I’m often at my desk at 5.30’ish. Hence my dog walks start at 4.30am. I’ve been doing this for months / since as a puppy she’s been ok to get out for 45 minutes plus.

I’m an early bird anyway. It’s a fabulous time of the day imo……the peace and solitude is fantastic. As is sunrise on the coast blah blah

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Weekend walks ♥️
Slight Sea-Haar going on this Morning…..

**https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haar_(fog)

IMG_4984.jpeg

IMG_4986.jpeg

IMG_4988.jpeg

IMG_4991.jpeg

IMG_4993.jpeg

IMG_4994.jpeg

IMG_5002.jpeg

IMG_5003.jpeg

IMG_5007.jpeg

Last edited:

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
4.30am on the dot start today. Mainly sticking to the Estate / Urban roads today - after beach / woods / field walks at the weekend

And a very warm; but also very dark one it was too 😳 Saw a fox again this Morning - in a different place to yesterday when on our ride we saw a pair ‘messing around’ together on a quiet back-road 🦊 Also a couple of deer lurking in the shadows. Although I was nowhere near awake enough to even contemplate capturing them on film……..

IMG_5042.jpeg

IMG_5043.jpeg

IMG_5044.jpeg

IMG_5045.jpeg

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
A rapidly deteriorating domestic situation forced a walk tonight; necessary for this reason but also welcome as I'd sat inside exhausted all day lamenting the waste of a beautiful day outside.

Lots about; starting with a fox cub, more foxes, hares.. well into the walk as I was finally starting to relax I stopped at a gate to watch a fox a couple of hundred yards away up the hill. Other than a deer ambling past the fox nothing remarkable happened for the few minutes I watched before it sauntered off..

Once it'd gone I turned back towards the path along the side of the hedge I was following and started to continue on my way; only to see maybe 80yds away a large white stag and two does watching me. Unfortunately my movement was enough to startle them and they were off through the hedge; I looked back through the gate and saw they had two fawns with them too as they ascended the hill and disappeared through the same break in the hedge at the top that the fox just had.

I took a detour and made my way up the hill, but by the time I got there they were long gone. Still musing on this I made my way back to the village; failing to initially spot a couple more deer very well camouflaged against the plouged field they were in; then behind them three hares in a row all bolt upright. I kept moving whilst slowly turning my head to watch them, as they all remained static but followed me with their gaze too.

Nice to see all this stuff about; especially the hares as I've rarely seen so many in one hit. On the surface the white stag is pretty special, however there's a farm just up the road with hundreds of the buggers so I suspect it's an escapee / descended of one of these. It's the second time I've seen it / a white one in that area..

I suspect the abundance of wildlife is a marker of the nights drawing in and everything making the most of the time / food it has before the temperature drops and things get tough.

Last edited:
A fresh wind but some nice sunshine on this morning’s potter.
IMG_3430.jpeg

IMG_3440.jpeg

IMG_3442.jpeg

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
4.15 am out the door this Morning - due to a desk full of work I just can’t make a dent on; awaiting my arrival…..

Dark, a little damp (Drizzling) and very windy out. Not quite ‘miserable’ - but certainly not the glorious summer-fuelled walks we’ve been having:

IMG_5077.jpeg

And not even like the last few days: where the ‘Supermoon’ really was quite spectacular:

IMG_5076.jpeg

Hoping (Despite the dire forecast for Lowestoft) that its semi ok in the Morning so me and my girl can take the longer walk to the Beach 🙏

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Early start (work) with a delivery in Cromer to do..
Off walking @ about 07:30 into a strong breeze to hunt out an ice cream..

DSC_5252~3.JPG

Up until now, I've not found one this early but today up the cliff behind the Lifeboat Station, there was a hut open!!

DSC_5254.JPG

Screenshot_20240823-084759~2.png

Only 2½ miles, but good to get the legs moving between driving 3 hours there & 3 hours home!

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Early start (work) with a delivery in Cromer to do..
Off walking @ about 07:30 into a strong breeze to hunt out an ice cream..

View attachment 742294
Up until now, I've not found one this early but today up the cliff behind the Lifeboat Station, there was a hut open!!

View attachment 742293

View attachment 742295

Only 2½ miles, but good to get the legs moving between driving 3 hours there & 3 hours home!

I love that first shot….very atmospheric.

Top Bottom