Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Katherine

Guru

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Had to grab this one. Could be quite icy out there for a few days. So off around the Strensham loop as time was short. I seemed to be able to push my pace up at times. Not sure where that came from but who am I to complain? The horrid rough lane below Showborough House has finally been resurfaced. What a wonderful job! Just now need the little hill past the House to be done now. At Upton New Street has finally re-emerged from under water. The sludge and slurry along there indicates just how recently. More mud on the road on the way over to Hanley Swan is being deposited by the heavy trucks and machinery being used to prepare for some sort of construction in a very green field site. And then on the run towards the Guarlford Road an almighty bang announced the termination of my rear tyre. It was such a major rip in the tyre that I decided roadside repairs weren't possible so I rode the final miles on the rim.

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
My weekday heavy-breathing excursion was the usual 18 miles route to Falkenham and back.
Going through Kirton, I drifted into Primary as I approached a car parked on the other side of the road near a bend, as I could hear a vehicle behind beginning to gather speed. The driver decided there was still enough room between me and the car. It was such a close pass, I could have run my fingers through the dirt on the near-side panel, a panel I might add, which was emblazoned with the word POLICE.
I'm kind of glad I'm getting so relaxed about these sort of incidents these days that I didn't thwack the passenger window as he came past. :whistle:
This between Bucklesham and Kirton.

1.JPG

Last edited:

Old jon

Guru
Three days off the bike does nowt for muscles. So off I went this morning, towpath to Viaduct Road, Cardigan Road, through Headingley and then Otley Old Road to Tinshill. A ride through

along to the Dynely Arms and down Pool Bank, up the valley to Otley and a break for a sandwich in that park on the north bank of the river. Still cold, so back to the house via the main road, the climb out of Otley does not seem to be any easier. 28.9 miles, sense of achievement, cold feet.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Flew to Brussels this morning & had a couple of hours to spare before a meeting so hired a bike from the outlet at the Central station - 10€ for 24 hours !

Headed up to the Atomium & what a sight it is under clear blue skies.

Had a back wheel puncture for the last 5 kms which can be quite uncomfortable on all the pave !!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Levo-Lon

Guru
Decided to go on a see what i can find xc ride today as its a cold beautiful day..maybe 8,10 miles but they were slow heavy going miles for a good few of them..sweated like a good un..

followed a trail and after a very muddy track found that the well used trail lead to a Dead end lol..no bridge.

ahh well it was a good work out..

20160119_131005.jpg
20160119_131445.jpg
20160119_125103.jpg

D

Deleted member 1258

Willoughby the destination, 53 miles the journey The first part of the journey blighted by a puncture, they were hedge cutting in Weston Lane and I picked up a substantial thorn, it had still got part of the branch attached to it, I had to remove it with pliers, and it didn't want to come out, they were still hedge cutting when I came back dinner time, thorns everywhere, though the traffic was doing a good job sweeping them to the side, this time I picked my way through without picking one up. A cold bright day, very cold first thing but quite pleasant later on, plenty of frozen puddles to catch out the unwary but not much else. My regular route out through Baginton, Wappenbury, Eathorpe, across the Fosseway through Marton, Birdingbury, Leamington Hastings and across Grandborough fields, I was going to do a loop through Long Itchington but changed to a more direct route after the puncture. Leaving the Cafe the rear tyre was holding pressure well so decided to do the loop on the way back, so once I'd ridden through Sawbridge and across Grandborough fields I turned through Broadwell and on though Long Itchington, up Huningham hill and on to the Leamington Road were I turned right through Bubbenhall, Ryton and across the A45 to ride into Coventry through Wolston and Brandon then right onto Hipswell Highway and onto home. A very enjoyable morning on the bike, cold on the way out but very pleasant on the way back, I'm still slow, 50 miles in 3 hours 40 minutes and an average just over 13mph, but I felt stronger this time so I'm getting better as time goes by.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Beautiful sunny day in North Devon today. Too good to miss the opportunity for a good ride, albeit a chilly one!
Rode from Braunton up to Mullacott Cross, then across to Blackmoor Gate and on to South Molton for a coffee stop. Took South Street out of South Molton and followed the riverside road all the way to the old Fortesque Arms where I turned right onto the A377 and followed it through to Barnstaple. I then picked up the Tarka Trail back to Braunton.
Total mileage - 66.3
Total elevation gain - 3882
Average speed - 13.7 mph

Three days off the bike does nowt for muscles. So off I went this morning, towpath to Viaduct Road, Cardigan Road, through Headingley and then Otley Old Road to Tinshill. A ride through

along to the Dynely Arms and down Pool Bank, up the valley to Otley and a break for a sandwich in that park on the north bank of the river. Still cold, so back to the house via the main road, the climb out of Otley does not seem to be any easier. 28.9 miles, sense of achievement, cold feet.

I used to go to the sun inn other side of pool bank for Sunday evening motorbike meet. Murgatroyds chippy now when I visit parents. Otley chevin, ilkley moor......oh the memories. Enjoyed the ride report :okay:

Top Bottom