Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I managed an estimated 18 miles today. I say estimated as my computer's battery died half way along, so i guessed the remaining miles, though i've done that route umpteen times before so i'm probably right. I kept to the main roads which were gritted. The snow came down with force at one point. I had to look out for those idiots who like to throw snowballs at passing cars, spotting ME and taking aim. Luckily all attempts missed me.

Last time some young scrotes lined up to snowball me I just slowed down ready to stop, they dropped the snowballs, I carried on riding.

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Out for a longish ride on Patsy #3 The Hybrid to try out the studded tyres with low pressure in them. Lovely little loop of about 28 miles through Tuddenham St Martin, Culpho, Clopton, Crettingham, Cahrsfield, Debach, Bredfield, Bealings, Playford and home. Saw a number of riders in shorts ... respect.

This out near Tuddenham.

1.JPG

I've resisted the urge to upload the selfie I took today - it looks like I am peering into a Christmas bauble.

I'm now off to the pub ... :cheers:

13 rider

Guru
Up at 8.30 pulled the curtains back and was greeted by a winter wonderland at least an inch of snow . Rang mates who live 7 miles away in the lowerlands to see if they had it as well yes just as bad so morning ride called off as they planned turbo sessions. Pottered bout till 11.30 road at home looked clear and I knew the roads around the park would be clear as hundreds visit it when it snows . So grabbed Humpf the hybrid out of the shed patted the roadie not today son . So up through Newtown Linford which was packed as the park car park was full so people just abandon cars everywhere. Up Sharply Hill when I came across old John in the snow ,no that @Old jon the Leicestershire landmark.
2016-01-17 11.49.17.jpg

Left at the crossroads on to Benscliffe road
2016-01-17 11.52.13.jpg

Left at the next crossroads and down pass the golf course .no golfists out today swung a ride at the next crossroads towards Swithland.
2016-01-17 12.01.33.jpg

Winter view over Swithland woods.
Through Swithland ,Rothley ,Cropston, Anstey .Still felt OK so turned to Groby back past Groby pool to Newtown Linford and back to Anstey . 17.1 miles done in cold but nice conditions . roads were ok just we snow at worst will be a mess if it freezes . So glad I got out really enjoyed it just a few other hardy rides out today .

Saluki

World class procrastinator
https://www.strava.com/activities/472367755

Off out for a pootle in the sunshine with Hubster. We went up towards Brackenbury Leisure Centre and then out along Walton High Street to the big roundabout then over the A14 and towards Kirton, as per, but turned off towards Falkenham as we've not been down there before. We followed the road, right up to the dead end (to see what was up there) then retraced our tracks and decided whether to go straight on or right. We saw another cyclist coming from the right and after much wobbling about (couldn't unclip) decided to go down to see where it want. Nice cyclist chap asked if we knew where we were going but we said that we didn't really care at it was Sunday.
Off we went through Falkenham Village, followed the sign to Kirton and then turned for home there, as Hubster didn't want to go too far today - he was saying 8 - 10 miles, I was thinking 'fat chance, hardly worth going out'. We stopped at the 10 mile point and ate cake, that we'd taken with us. In Trimley, neither of us could face that road again, it's so boring, that we headed down Gulpher Road and did most of the 'round the block' route backwards but headed right up Cliff Road and then wandered down to the Prom to have a slow amble back.

The prom was heaving so we got off it at the Theatre and took our lives in our hands on Sea Road, past all the grockles trying to park/unpark/control kids with bikes/scooters/Vshaped scooters/Skateboards/Hoverboards etc. We didn't see any tee shirts and flipflops today as we were concentrating on staying alive. If this is what January is like, I'm glad I'm moving away before Summer. I've lived at the seaside before but it wasn't full of idiots in 4x4s and kids on hoverboards.
Feeling old :sad:

17.73 miles in just over an hour and a half. We weren't hurrying.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
This weekend two years ago I came off .... on ice. This weekend last year I came off again at almost the same place .... on ice. That time I took two other riders down with me. I will be going out again this weekend. Do you think they'd mind if I pre-booked an ambulance?
Saw a couple of ambulances today, but they weren't for me, despite this being my "acciversary". 42 miles in just under 4 hours, including a half hour stop at a lovely warm cafe at Tortworth. No ice or snow to report, but still felt freezing. Two pairs of socks, some Mavic toe covers and Neoprene overshoes still couldn't keep my toes warm today. Thanks to Lisa for getting the coffees in and helping to thaw me out. Another good club ride, from Gloucester, heading South beyond Dursley to somewhere near J14 of the M5 and then back by the A38. I've been having a lovely hot soak, and have nearly stopped shivering. We really were the "chilled" group today.
Cheers, Donger.:cold:

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
I just had the most enjoyable ride that I've had in a long time. It was nothing special about the route but more to do with my state of mind and feeling relax. While riding I felt so at peace with myself, so relaxed ..... I made a stop outside the house I used to live 35 years ago, later on I stopped at a bus stop, had a coffe and watched the world go by :smile: I popped into Aldi and bought a flask for future rides :smile:. I felt like a didn't have a care in the world ^_^

Before the ride I was feeling very edgy, a bike, 15 miles and some roads made the difference..... that's what I call a result ;)

Last edited:

Levo-Lon

Guru
I just had the most enjoyable ride that I've had in a long time. It was nothing special about the route but more to do with my state of mind and feeling relax. While riding I felt so at peace with myself, so relax..... I made a stop outside the house I used to live 35 years ago, later on I stopped at a bust stop, had a coffe and watched the world go by :smile: I popped into Aldi and bought a flask for future rides :smile:. I felt like a didn't have a care in the world ^_^

Before the ride I was feeling very edgy, a bike, 15 miles and some roads made the difference..... that's what I call a result ;)

Its just the thing for the winter blues @Spoked Wheels

Top Bottom