Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dark46

Veteran
Well that was a different ride. I set off late as there was a problem with the down stairs loo. So I went the starting point knowing I was late.

I started the route on my Garmin, but unfortunately when you're off route it says of course and the screen in black. I don't seem to get the screen visible again until back on route or I stop the course.
Well I headed to Waterwells then to the A38 then across the Me towards Stroud. From there it was straight forward through Standish and into Stonehouse.
Out the otherwise I turned left into Cainscross then into Stroud.

I headed for the A417 where I waited a bit thinking I may have taken a short cut and may be in front of the group.

I sent a photo on the group messenger and I got a reply, but I thought the others were on the A46. I headed towards Cirencester passing the Glider club on the right. I carried on until I got to the sign for Sapperton. I decided to go through the village then head for Bisley.

It was about up and down around there and I was wondering when I was going to get back onto roads I'd been on before. Then I would feel more at home . At Bisley I went right then left to Stroud as I thought to Birdlip would take me in the wrong direction. But it turns out I might have met the KCC if had gone there.

Going down into Stroud it was down hill then all of a sudden I saw a sign that I dint like whole at full chat "Road closed ", so it was hard left then push again down the next Hill and down innovate centre of Stroud.

So I then took the normal route home through Cainscross and Stonehouse and Standish and back to the Coco lounge.

I waited about 1/2hour for the steady group to arrive before setting off with Dave on the way home.

All in all just over 41 miles but enjoyable.

Attachments

• IMG_20150816_113542.jpg
    IMG_20150816_113542.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20150816_103646.jpg
    IMG_20150816_103646.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 28

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Just a quick one today to test out all the fettling done on the Raleigh (write up of that herefor anyone interested). It was my usual test route via Condover, Pitchford, Acton Burnell, Longnor, Ryton, Condover again and home.

Straight away the bike feels great - partly the fettling, but mostly from a lack of wind and because I'm travelling light. This encouraged me to press on a bit which was rewarded by catching and overtaking a couple of roadies on the climb to Cantlop (to be fair they didn't seem to be trying, but I still got surprised looks out of them ^_^)

There's a quick bit after Cantlop then the long gentle drag up from Pitchford through Acton Burnell and up to Frodesley which was a lot easier than usual without the customary headwind. Longnor Show is on so I had to be a little wary of traffic pulling out from the show field, then I was onto the good bit - 7 miles of mostly downhill or flat ground where it's easy to keep the pace up (provided you don't meet any traffic on the lanes..... which I did).

A thoroughly enjoyable 17.1 miles in just over an hour giving me a new personal best of 16.92 mph average over this route.:hyper:

No photos this time coz I didn't stop en route.

Last edited:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Second ride of the day, once I'd had a rest from being up at 05:00!! (That's very very early for me. <yawn>) to see the balloons take off just after 06:00 at Billing.

I wanted to ride via the town centre as I had to check something out for next week. Once finished with this chore, I headed out into the countryside via Brackmills and Houghton and on to Salcey Forest.

View attachment 100191

Unusually, for a weekend, it was fairly quiet so I popped in for a blackberry & vanilla swirl, with a flake, before heading towards Denton, Cogenhoe and Ecton.

View attachment 100192

Random photo of the CX and a letterbox.

The ride finished on 31 miles, in barely warm weather. Rubbish for August, but at least it was dry!

https://www.strava.com/activities/369485999

:smile:
That would be a good one ( the post box one ) for the photo challenge Pete :okay:

40 miler with the cluuuurb. Made the mistake of having a maximuscle bar before I started, my stomach turned after 10 mile and I started throwing up mint chocolate. Not make that mistake again.

Apart from that I felt great and could have done another 20+ miles. The bike has a strange clicking from somewhere though ai I'll have to take a look when not doing "family time"
Are they protein bars - if so should be had after ride not before

RMurphy195

My regualr ride to Earlswood from Rubery this morning, via a roundabout route (about 19 miles).

AND I DIDN'T GET ONE, SINGLE EXAMPLE OF AGGRESSIVE DRIVING AIMED AT ME!

Has to be said though that I met up with the wife + daughter for a walk around the lakes, then took the bike home in the car. So the "danger road" on my route back was tken in the car, not on the bike!

Well, it's a start .....^_^

BrynCP

Über Member
Another 100KM+ today and my second longest ride.

Decided to take advantage of the lack of wind early in the day and set out to the coast, to Hornsea, and down the coast to Holmpton. Left Holmpton out to Patrington and then back to Hull via Sunk Island / Stone Creek along the Humber.

A nice flat 69 miles, at 16mph.

upload_2015-8-16_20-36-8.png

Spartak