Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

philtalksbx

Über Member
View attachment 98485
This is mine, his was blue and natural carbon with no white.
Gorgeous but not as nice as mine.
Finally got back to riding mine, pictured today at the viewpoint above the river near Richmond Park
image.jpg

Billy Wizz

Über Member
Finally got back to riding mine, pictured today at the viewpoint above the river near Richmond Park
View attachment 100277

Stunning..^_^^_^

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
A few more balloons about this morning @PeteXXX but still not as many as years gone by .

A nice 25 miles earlier this morning i even went with shorts today so it couldnt have been that cold .

The route today was along and up to Orlingbury , cross over the main road at the old red house cross roads down into Hannington then of to Walgrave where in far distance i saw the days first balloon .

Next up was Holcot then Sywell ,Mears Ashby where the balloons had swollen in numbers and a few more still kept popping up behind the trees as i stood and watched them for a while before heading off to Earls Barton then towards Grt Doddington crossroads for a short climb to the Rugby club and a fast (33 mph) descent into Wilby before heading towards home via Mears Ashby to avoid the main roads .

All in all a nice 25 miles

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Another 5 mile run this morning. The first two miles were slowish out and back with Mrs Wife who is starting to run again after recovering with a broken foot and also there were three stiles to cross which slowed us down, then I did another 3 miles on me jack which were a quite a bit quicker. I found the the last mile to be quite challenge.

About 45 seconds slower than last Sunday's five mile run.

Running is hard.
Running4.jpg

Crandoggler

First ride this week that wasn't inside my garage.

Went a usual route, however, continued a bit further out than I had before. Glad I did! It's a nice route, lovely scenery and quite fast.

Only a couple of hills of interest today, one strava defines as a category 4 which I didn't even realise I was going up. And another which is difficult, yet strava doesn't see it that way. (Ham hill for anyone who lives around Yeovil)

Nice ride.

https://www.strava.com/activities/370147959/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Dave 123

Legendary Member
A nice 22 mile figure of 8 with Mrs Dave saw us go up to Caldecote Highfields, it were a bit chilly, even at 10.30.
On through Bourn down past the curry house and up the other side of the hill "faster!" Came the cry from behind me, bloody cheeky bugger!
image.jpg

From Bourn we passed a fragrance free maggot farm and went around to Little Gransden.
Mrs Dave is an avid jam and chutney maker.... "Cor! Look at those sloes"

"Plums"

"Crab apples"

I feel a foraging expedition coming on.

From Great Gransden we spun along the road seeing live Buzzards and dead hares, there may be a link...

Back through Bourn and out the other side down a slope "come on, come on!" She yells at me..... So I turned right up the 2 little nasty hills into Kingston, they're short but sweet and had the desired effect! Silence.

image.jpg

There she is, drafting like a cheat, or a hardened pro!

Just about 22 miles at a 13.5mph average, but she informs me she could have gone quicker had I not been in the way.....

http://www.strava.com/activities/370147200

22 miles is plenty as at 6pm I'm playing squash(for the first time in 15 years) with a 21 year old 6'3" fitness instructor. Experience will conquer youth (I hope!)

D

Deleted member 1258

A 54 mile meander today, eventually I decided to stop at Catthorpe.Yesterday I was thinking I'll ride down to Great Rollright take some picture of the stones and use the farm shop for a stop before riding home, when the alarm went off this morning I turned it off and went back to bed so that was the end of that. When I did get up I decided to go to either Kinton or Oxhill but by the time I got the other side of Bagington I was thinking I might go elsewhere. I turned through Bubbenhall and down the southern edge of Coventry through Ryton across the A45 into Woolston and Brandon turning right through Bretford and up the climb through Kings Newnham and through Newbold On Avon where I turned left through the Industrial Estates and onto Catthorpe.I decided to take the scenic route home through Sharwell, Walcote and Gillmorton, in Gillmorton I turned for Ullesthorpe then thorough Claybrook Magna and into Monks Kirby where I turned for home through Withybrook and Shilton and into Coventry through Wood End. Not a bad day weather wise, like last Sunday when the sun was out I was a bit overdressed but when it clouded over I was cold, it got a bit breezy towards the end of the ride but in the beginning it wasn't bad. That was my fourth Sunday ride on the trot so I'm looking at next weekend as a much needed rest weekend, my mojo was a bit weak today, which probably explains why I didn't manage the ride I had intended. I'm only 50 miles shy of 3000 miles now so even though I've not done many long rides this year the miles are mounting up.

20150816_123842 (3).jpg

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
So much for a weekend of rest. I decided to have a meander into town and see what the castle classic was like. Saw a bit if the cat 2/3/4 race, was surprised how very little spectators there were. Saw a few of the pro team buses (One cycling, Madison, Ntfo?) and their riders on the exercise bikes.

I took the scenic route there and did 28 miles even though the race is only a couple of miles away.

A few photos

WP_20150816_13_44_26_Pro.jpg
WP_20150816_13_49_19_Pro.jpg
WP_20150816_13_49_21_Pro.jpg
WP_20150816_14_10_17_Pro.jpg
WP_20150816_14_10_19_Pro.jpg
WP_20150816_14_10_22_Pro.jpg

https://www.strava.com/activities/370294661

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Club ride day again, today. So, naturally, I woke up a couple of hours before the alarm was due to go off, and got all excited like a kid on Christmas Morning. Got out on the road way too early, so rolled down to the Severn at Epney and back before joining up with the crew for my 19th club ride of the year.

There were 10 of us in the "relaxed" group today, but it ended up being far from relaxed. Did a huge great loop out around the Cotswolds, taking in Stroud, Chalford (with horrible hill), Sapperton, Daglingworth, the Duntisbournes, Winstone, Caudle Green (another mother of a hill) before gliding back down via the glorious Buckholt Woods (near Birdlip) and Nut Hill. back home via Upton St Leonards and Brookthorpe. At this point I had the genius idea to tag on a few more miles to bring my ride up to just short of 56 miles, so that i would bring up my 2,000 miles for the year. Arrived home totally nackered, having done 55.8 miles, and found that my year's total is now 1,999.9 miles! Was way too tired to even go back out to the garage, let alone get back on the bike.

Still, I survived all the brutish hills our route planner could throw at us, and it was another cracking ride. There was the slight matter of waiting 10 minutes at the start for @Dark46 to show up (before realising he wasn't going to) and then later on pulling over in a bus stop for 15 more minutes when he texted to say he was at Bristol Street Motors (which was only a mile behind us) - only to find out after what seemed an age that he had then gone up the opposite side of the valley and was nowhere near us. (Look up "persona non grata" in the dictionary, bud!) Seriously, though, what a great route today. Hope @Dark46 enjoyed his version of it as much as the rest of us did.

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
40 miler with the cluuuurb. Made the mistake of having a maximuscle bar before I started, my stomach turned after 10 mile and I started throwing up mint chocolate. Not make that mistake again.

Apart from that I felt great and could have done another 20+ miles. The bike has a strange clicking from somewhere though ai I'll have to take a look when not doing "family time"

40 miler with the cluuuurb. Made the mistake of having a maximuscle bar before I started, my stomach turned after 10 mile and I started throwing up mint chocolate. Not make that mistake again.

Apart from that I felt great and could have done another 20+ miles. The bike has a strange clicking from somewhere though ai I'll have to take a look when not doing "family time"

Those energy bar things would make anyone hurl, they are pure unadulterated shite.:laugh:

Top Bottom