Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I went through Noss, passed the 2 pubs packed with holiday makers, I could have joined them!

On through the little lanes of Netton and along the coast road. I called in on my mother in law in Holbeton as she is very unwell. We’d already taken Bo for a walk and a swim at Mothecombe beach, but she needed another cuddle
IMG_2711.jpeg

I then carried on on a similar route to yesterday.

There were plenty of yellowhammers looking down at me from the telegraph wires.

I feel like I’m wading through treacle at the moment, it’s hard work!

I was going to go further but I went 17 miles.

https://www.strava.com/activities/11767672967

IMG_2710.jpeg

buzz22

Über Member
Yesterday I headed out to one of the local dams, Avon Dam, in search of some climbing training.
After some climbing to get to the entrance road this nice level section kicked things off.
20240629_094804.jpg

There was a 1.5km or so descent down to a causeway, with the sound of running water welcoming you
20240629_104956.jpg

Up from there it was a climb of around 3km then a short descent, with the nice cool weather making it easy going.
Once you get there it is this....
20240629_101827.jpg

20240629_102159.jpg

And when you turn around, this...
20240629_102209.jpg

Up to the picnic area (where I will be bringing the family for sure)
20240629_103420.jpg

20240629_103801.jpg

43km all up and very little traffic, a new training location sorted.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Not today, but Saturday's ride.
Out of the door just after 6.15, to a very nice, warm mornings sunshine. The weather was absolutely fantastic for a ride. It wasn't too hot, hovering around the 24° mark most of the day. Very little, if any wind and zero precipitation.
A nice pootle on the Kentish lanes through the Lower & High Weald down to Tenterden for my first café stop for the day at 40 miles at the wonderful Coffee Pot Cafe for the best blueberry muffin I think I have ever had, no exaggeration. Coffee was very good too.
Continuing to the Marshes via the village of Appledore, through the marshes up to and crossing south of Ashford to the lovely village of Wye in the rolling Kent Downs at 75 miles where lunch stop was a cheapo meal deal at the Co-Op. Eaten whilst watching the world go by sitting in the sunshine on a bench outside the village church. After lunch it was another 22 rolling miles to my partners workplace at Brookside Garden Centre in East Peckham. They have a great café and I was treated to a fabulous piece of Lemon meringue Pie, vanilla ice cream with sprinkles that hit the spot nicely.
Having to leave my partner back to her work, it was the last leg home. Mostly a good few miles of gentle climbing up over the Greensand Ridge then a fabulous descent over the other side, getting home at 4pm on the dot.

Eddington Report. Still on 117 with 2 more rides of 118 to get that figure

Scores on the doors.
hc=gxShJAO83CAQ7kNvgECdEj2&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr2-4.jpg

Choosing our next car in Sevenoaks
hc=XFOtPGwwFeMQ7kNvgH1VlkR&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr2-4.jpg

That fantastic blueberry muffin
hc=woTsp_8cbAsQ7kNvgHIIe2H&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr2-4.jpg

There's more Oast Houses in Kent then you can shake a Hop Bushel at. Though a lady came out of one of these a little narked that I was taking a photo of them asking what I was doing. Old sourpuss.
hc=pO-i-n8Mz4gQ7kNvgGkwyWv&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr2-3.jpg

The Military Canal at Bilsington
hc=F5WpXe9jRywQ7kNvgFlRvuM&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr2-3.jpg

Treated to fab lemon meringue pie and ice cream
hc=yDPcMxYV0qIQ7kNvgG0qi1J&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr2-4.jpg

Last edited:

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Yesterday's plan was the occasional trip to the shops on the Fuji for provisions.

Unfortunately this didn't transpire for a number of reasons - the cold and unwelcoming outside, lack of sleep thanks to waking early to meet the demands of my aging bladder and a quite frankly comically-absurd level of existential dread; thanks to cocking a few things up and too much gin yesterday.

Having driven to the shops for essentials I couldn't face the thought of an unproductive evening trapped in the house / my own head, so dragged the Ragley out of the shed for a sedate 10 mile loop. The big grin on my face at mile four confirmed this was the right decision, and I felt so much better for getting out.

That rounds off a good week at about 103 miles, and a good month at around 386; just exceeding last August's 385 miles and the most I've done in a month since the halcyon days of the 2020 apocalypse that saw 500-600 miles per month being tickled atop the Genesis on the gloriously deserted roads.

On top of that the MTB has given an extra dimension of exercise due to the short, intense inputs often required to get over rough ground or up short inclines and - aches, joint pain and allergy crap notwithstanding - I feel as good physically as I ever have, I think... very appreciative of what I'm getting out of the bikes currently :smile:

Top Bottom