Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jen5656

After a few glasses of red wine on Friday night I decided to register for Pedal Scotland ride, thought this will be a scoosh 47 miles of cycle route, should have paid bit more attention to detail.
47 mile of not so quiet roads and a lot of hills( well they seemed like hills to me). Great day out and so well organised. Wee achievement for someone who normally stays on cycle path. Good 55 mile today.

ClaireSaud

Veteran
image.jpg
My first "proper ride" was yesterday. From home (Immingham) to the Humber Bridge and back. 35 miles of beautiful Lincolnshire countryside. One day I'll be completing lengthy distances like you guys :bicycle:

Rode 76 miles today (08 Sep) with another forum member @AndyRM from Wallsend to Corbridge to Wallsend in a loop via Ogle. It should have been 63 miles but missed a junction for Belsay so had to head to Belsay via another route and head towards Matfen in a different direction which added to the miles before heading to Corbridge.

I have decided to set a few goals over seasons 2014 - 2016:
1. ride 100 miles in one day
2. ride 200 miles in one day
3. ride the L-E-L

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Well, I did do 20 miles yesterday around Newcastle-under-Lyme but had to keep checking where I was to make sure I could get back to base without phoning my step-daughter in case I got lost. Anyway, all went well and I enjoyed it, apart from a moron in a black sport car who decided to proceed at a roundabout when I was coming on his right. He had to floor his accelerator to avoid hitting me! I called him some rude names and gave him some gestures but I don't think he could hear me due to his engine screaming past me. Apart from that, a very enjoyable ride. There seem to be more roads going up than going down in that part of the world though!
My next foreign outing now will be Clitheroe and Bideford when I next go and see relatives there. Bring it on!

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
Rode 76 miles today (08 Sep) with another forum member @AndyRM from Wallsend to Corbridge to Wallsend in a loop via Ogle. It should have been 63 miles but missed a junction for Belsay so had to head to Belsay via another route and head towards Matfen in a different direction which added to the miles before heading to Corbridge.

I have decided to set a few goals over seasons 2014 - 2016:
1. ride 100 miles in one day
2. ride 200 miles in one day
3. ride the L-E-L

Apologies for my pathetic efforts. I really should have eaten something before going out. Lesson learned!

Wayne Tully

I did the Circuit of Kent sportive yesterday, did it at a nice leisurely pace with some guys from the club was a ride until mile 80, the hill was a bastard.

(Attached from my Endomondo)

I went to get the bike out of my car this morning (I know) to find I'd left my front wheel behind DOH!!!!

1187220_10151846604864165_808931895_n.jpg

Attachments

• Elevation.jpg
    Elevation.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 44

Snapper88

A miserable wet 10 mile commute topped off by a woman who decided to drive into oncomig traffic at a mini round-about because she didn't want to wait for me to go across, despite the fact I was primary. Unfortunatly I didn't get her number plate & do not have a helmet camera. But it is the 2nd time this has happened at that junction

Old Plodder

Living at the top of a steep 2 mile climb
I did the Circuit of Kent sportive yesterday, did it at a nice leisurely pace with some guys from the club was a ride until mile 80, the hill was a b******.
I went to get the bike out of my car this morning (I know) to find I'd left my front wheel behind DOH!!!!
Have a 'like' for the ride, & I guess you need this :cry: for leaving your wheel behind.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I did the Circuit of Kent sportive yesterday, did it at a nice leisurely pace with some guys from the club was a ride until mile 80, the hill was a b******.

(Attached from my Endomondo)

1187220_10151846604864165_808931895_n.jpg
As above, a like for the ride. Is the wheel lost or can you get it back?:unsure:

My ride today was just a short one into town for some minor parts for my light bracket project (didn't do anything to it over the weekend).

The till in the shop crashed the moment they scanned my goods.:blink: This is a surprisingly regular occurance for me - anyone else have the same problem?:scratch:

I took the scenic route on the way back and deliberately kept my speed down so as not to get sweaty on the 150' climb back home, which made no difference to my average speed so perhaps pushing for a decent time is counter productive.:wacko:

7.4 miles at 12.4 average. No pics today I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom