Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
54.75 mile medium club run, average of 18.3 mph ish , i will upload the data later.
Went past Dave Brailford`s house (apparently) and its certainly impressive but i wondered why he was not out there offering bidons to us potential TDF winners :whistle:
Stopped at Derby County`s football ground in starbucks , luckily no french plated cars tried to run us off the road although i did get something thrown from a car full of youths on the way home but for some reason they did not take me up on the offer of a more close quarter "conversation " as they must be scared of 4 mamils:boxing:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
The usual 26 mile pootle with our lass this morning. Helped me knock off a massive 341 feet against the Vuelta challenge on Strava.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Today's ride was a first for me. The first time I have ridden a bike equipped with a dynamo front wheel - built by me last night/this morning.

Yesterday the component parts were in a pile in the computer room.

Today they have enabled me to wheel along the lanes for a coffee at the Cranswick Garden Centre. I am in no way mechanically skilled, but with the power of YouTube, Sheldon Brown and a lot of patience I now have 100% electric on the bike.

Time to write my xmas list for Satan Santa - Dear St Nick, I have been a good boy and would love my stocking to be filled with a B&M eWerk.

Ta muchly

CP

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Another 50 miler with the club yesterday. The weather forecast said showers so I got my winter bike nice and ready on Friday night.
Saturday morning was sunny and stayed that way most of the day. No showers at all but I'm happy I took the winter bike out.
It was a lovely ride although there were many faces missing, it must be a last minute holiday thing. Still it was good to see some new faces :smile:

I never get bore of riding in the New Forest and the views are great at this time of the year. I rode with a couple of guys that wanted to push hard so no time for a picture

I headed down to a lbs 90 odd miles later I got back, so I went passed the door to make it an even ton. (There's 1.5miles, either side but I dont count that its through a park at near walking pace; I prefer my fast ride on the road unlike some ignorant people). The bike shop ride isn't the best organised (their rider's forget to point things out and can end up three a breast) but the company was good, route was good, the weather was good and I quite easily talked folks into a cafe stop at the end :thumbsup:

Edit: Link Added

Last edited:

Toeclip

Guru
I rode out to Mill Green near Ingatestone this morning to the start of the Essex CTC rough stuff event, I wasn`t taking part myself I just wanted to see a few of my old club mates. After they set off I had a spin around the lanes and met the riders again in the Viper pub in Mill Green for lunch, homeward bound I caught a few showers and got back indoors with 54 miles on the clock. It was so good to meet up with some of my old club mates again I`ve not seen some for over 3 years.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
49 mile club ride, stopped for breakfast after 20 miles, really nice cafe, then another 23 hilly miles ended up in High Beech for a nice cuppa tea, the puncture fairies were with us today, three guy's punctured on the way back, but a really nice relaxing ride, especially after last Sunday's rip it up ride. ^_^

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I fancied a bit of hill climbing today so took the Raleigh out to the Long Mynd.

The ride out was against the wind so not the fastest in the world. I started off pacing myself quite well but seemed to speed up as I went along, which wasn't a great idea. (I can't help myself :addict:)

On the approach to All Stretton a Volvo driver clearly thought that six inches was sufficient space to leave a cyclist. I begged to differ and he got a yell and an Agincourt style salute, which I know he saw. I could see the passenger gesticulating as they disappeared down the road - I suspect the driver was getting an earful.:giggle:

Next stop was the Burway where a couple of walkers gave a sympathetic look and wished me good luck. It's been quite a while since I last rode up here (I usually avoid it as it gets a bit busy with tourists) and was pleasantly surprised at how easy the climb seemed with the current gearing.^_^ The only downside was that the weather decided at this point I clearly wasn't wet enough and proceeded to rectify that.:rain: (Guess who left his waterproofs at home :shy:)

By the time I'd climbed to Pole Bank (the summit) the sun was out giving a good contrast to the heavy showers surrounding the Mynd. While up here I had a text from my brother offering to come and pick me up as it was pouring at home. Nice :thumbsup: but I wanted to complete the ride.

With a new shower chasing me I headed back via High Park and Gogbatch before retracing my steps via Longnor, Ryton and Condover. I caught up with the previous rain before Ryton and had a fairly wet end to the ride, although judging by the amount of water on the road I'd missed the worst of it.

30.6 miles done today up to the 1693' summit & back at a reasonable average of 12.5 mph.

DSC01970.JPG

Between Longnor and Leebotwood - There's been so little rain lately that the ford has dried up.

DSC01972.JPG

A quick drink stop and about to take on the Burway. Annoyingly it has just started raining.:sad:

DSC01974.JPG

Up at Pole Bank and the shower that soaked me can be seen heading off to the Clee Hills.

DSC01976.JPG

Looking towards Wild Moor and the sky looks quite threatening in the direction of home.

DSC01982.JPG

At the top of the High Park climb. (Or descent as it was today)

DSC01983.JPG

DSC01985.JPG

Caer Caradoc from the top end of Gogbatch.

DSC01987.JPG

At Great Ryton getting wet, but at least with something to look at.

Last edited:

jayonabike