Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
18 miles in the pouring rain with a bitterly cold easterly wind, just to make life that much more interesting. I was amazed by the fact that my coat and waterproof trousers did their job - just wish my boots had done the same thing.

Did I say 18 miles in the rain? I meant 17 as on the last stretch, the downpour was downgraded to a drizzle before stopping altogether as I turned up the drive. Just the weather gods' little joke, I guess. Hilarious. I was laughing from my shrivelled and shivering fingers (numb enough to make changing gear a bit "challenging" but not numb enough to stop them aching from the cold) to the tips of my equally shrivelled toes, sloshing around in what felt like several litres of water.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
18 miles in the pouring rain with a bitterly cold easterly wind, just to make life that much more interesting. I was amazed by the fact that my coat and waterproof trousers did their job - just wish my boots had done the same thing.

Did I say 18 miles in the rain? I meant 17 as on the last stretch, the downpour was downgraded to a drizzle before stopping altogether as I turned up the drive. Just the weather gods' little joke, I guess. Hilarious. I was laughing from my shrivelled and shivering fingers (numb enough to make changing gear a bit "challenging" but not numb enough to stop them aching from the cold) to the tips of my equally shrivelled toes, sloshing around in what felt like several litres of water.
It's annoying when the weather plays these tricks on you.:sad:

This deserves a like though for persevering despite the weather.:thumbsup:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Kirkstone Pass looks a really nice descent, apart from a few potholes in the surface, and the odd sheep wandering about.

That scared the poo out of me just watching it!!!! And you did this on the bike featured in your Avatar??? Amazing ;)
He only did 42 mph! :thumbsup:

I'd probably have done about 55 mph in places on that one, more because it's hard to keep my speed down on fast descents than my desire to go fast - I call it 'lard power'!

I start to get nervous above 50 mph though, after a very near miss years ago when I hit a raised manhole cover at 56 mph. I've now given up any ambition to go at 60 mph or faster!

This is mine from today. I did a 43 last week but for some frustrating reason, my Garmin won't upload it onto my dashboard. You can read it on the handset but not look at it online. Maddening.

Anyway, today. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/261063099
Can you upload it to Strava or RWGPS download it and upload it manually to GC. Or perhaps you can copy the .fit file (or however the 705 stores history) directly from the unit to your pc and similarly upload it manually. I've also had GC autosync not work but I've been able 'Upload Selected Activities' :wacko:

KEEF

Veteran
numb toes is all I can say

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Sixty nine and a smidgin miles today on a 100km DIY audax from Wetherby to Market Weighton and back. Averaged 13mph and was traumatised by the discovery that the butchers shops were shut when I arrived in Market Weighton. To compensate, a pal made me a bacon sandwich when I dropped in for a cup of tea in Pocklington.

The last ten miles or so were ridden with a very slow puncture in the rear wheel. I didn't fancy changing the tube in the dark and successfully prayed for enough air to be retained in the tube to get me back to Wetherby. All of my car windows were iced over when I get back and the temperature was barely above freezing point all day.

I'll have to set off earlier next time.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
This is mine from today. I did a 43 last week but for some frustrating reason, my Garmin won't upload it onto my dashboard. You can read it on the handset but not look at it online. Maddening.

Anyway, today. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/261063099

Mine does that some times, are you uploading with blue tooth USB, or wired? I find moving the device away from the pc, shutting down Garmin dashboard and leavineg it min, then coming back a bit later, then it works

PaulB

Legendary Member
Mine does that some times, are you uploading with blue tooth USB, or wired? I find moving the device away from the pc, shutting down Garmin dashboard and leavineg it min, then coming back a bit later, then it works
My Garmin watch never gives any problems using the ANT+ and is very easy. Just switch on my laptop and it automatically extracts the data. The bike-mounted 705 uses USB and prior to last week had never had any problems at all. I thought it might have a cut-off dat of Dec 31st 2012! Of course, it never but I did use it in the exact same way I always have but still, the data is not uploading. Very odd!

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
25 miles for me this morning. My feet by the end felt like blocks of ice:cold: Didn't feel fast and the legs felt sluggish, combined with watching out for icey patches, my average was just over 19 mph and I would normally be closer to 21/22 mph on a ride like that, but it felt a damn site better than sitting in the house and it was........ :sun:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom