Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The view from half way up the hill at steyning...it's a real pig lol!

I could have done with a fleece like this up there!

Back down from the downs on the beach
Todays ride was relatively short but steep...headed off with all good intentions of a getting a 45 miler in but the wind and cold and icy drizzle
got the better of me and I changed the route and headed back...but I could justify this as I decided to ride up the hill behind steyning which
is one ofthe steepest climbs on my loops.
Just one moron driver today...on the wrong side of the road coming head on at me at around 40 mph giving me the V sign...I vote corporal punishment is a good idea
for low life like that lol!

So ..not a long ride...probably around 20miles I reckon but better than being stuck inside again like the last few days.

Old Plodder

Living at the top of a steep 2 mile climb

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I haven't had a rest from the saddle for more than 48 hours since about April and I think I've finally got to that point that I've had enough. My legs have had enough. I've had enough of punctures.

I'm off to a music festival so won't ride for at least four days, so come next Tuesday I will have mighty powerful feeling thighs!

Sometimes a little time away can remind you why you're in love :smile:

BigonaBianchi

So todays near death experience came, as it inevitably does, on the A 259 coastal highway to hell ...after 45 miles of beautiful country riding away from the morons stuck in their pathetic tin cans in traffic jams getting nearer to their self inflicted coronaries, im taking the lane to stay safe when a blue car cuts me up and missed my from wheel by a few cms...so in time honhoured fashion I point at him and make a gesture to say he was to close. the car behind then leans on its horn and start giving me all kinds of verbal abuse out of the window....it has nothing to do with him....then he sppeds round nearly clipping my shoulder only to nearly hit the car in front of him in th ejam.....so i stop at his window and ask if he has something to say to me...to which he replies that I have to much to say and shouldnt be on th eroad....so I invite him to calm down and go away and read the highway code....to which his elderly mother (i guess) tells me to stop being so rude and to go away.....he then invires me to pull over and discuss things on th everge...so I stop and head fo th everge....then he yells at me again...so i stop in front of his car and tell him he is a danger on the roads to my life and he should read the highway code about why cyclists take th elane...and than cars have to option to slow down and i have as much right out there as he does....anyway...by this time th ejam behind is backing up....of course I am th eevil demon from hell in their eyes...then a white van coming th eother way stops leans out th ewindow and yells leave the guy alone you self-gratification artist and spits in my direction....nice....not a cop car in sight of course and anyway they would probably take the drivers side...

what a farked up world we live in...car drivers you seriously need to chill...get a life...and stop this murderous war against cyclists.

The rest of the ride outside the town was great...nice drivers,....passing slow and smiling...so why oh why do all the low lifes live here ?????

Sings....give me a ticket for an aeroplane...

i didnt have my cell phone so no picture of his plate....anyway it was theblue van who did th edeed to start with...this guy was just being an arse verbally.

Ok...so once again I survive to ride another day...

Dear santa...

this year please can i have a helmet camera and tin of red aerosol spay paint
Ta.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
So todays near death experience came, as it inevitably does, on the A 259 coastal highway to hell ...after 45 miles of beautiful country riding away from the morons stuck in their pathetic tin cans in traffic jams getting nearer to their self inflicted coronaries, im taking the lane to stay safe when a blue car cuts me up and missed my from wheel by a few cms...so in time honhoured fashion I point at him and make a gesture to say he was to close. the car behind then leans on its horn and start giving me all kinds of verbal abuse out of the window....it has nothing to do with him....then he sppeds round nearly clipping my shoulder only to nearly hit the car in front of him in th ejam.....so i stop at his window and ask if he has something to say to me...to which he replies that I have to much to say and shouldnt be on th eroad....so I invite him to calm down and go away and read the highway code....to which his elderly mother (i guess) tells me to stop being so rude and to go away.....he then invires me to pull over and discuss things on th everge...so I stop and head fo th everge....then he yells at me again...so i stop in front of his car and tell him he is a danger on the roads to my life and he should read the highway code about why cyclists take th elane...and than cars have to option to slow down and i have as much right out there as he does....anyway...by this time th ejam behind is backing up....of course I am th eevil demon from hell in their eyes...then a white van coming th eother way stops leans out th ewindow and yells leave the guy alone you w***** and spits in my direction....nice....not a cop car in sight of course and anyway they would probably take the drivers side...

what a f***ed up world we live in...car drivers you seriously need to chill...get a life...and stop this murderous war against cyclists.

The rest of the ride outside the town was great...nice drivers,....passing slow and smiling...so why oh why do all the low lifes live here ?????

i didnt have my cell phone so no picture of his plate....anyway it was theblue van who did th edeed to start with...this guy was just being an arse verbally.

Dear santa...

Ta.

Dear god, I think you've taken the rest of the forum's numpty-quota for today! My ride home is going to bliss ;)

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
So todays near death experience came, as it inevitably does, on the A 259 coastal highway to hell ...after 45 miles of beautiful country riding away from the morons stuck in their pathetic tin cans in traffic jams getting nearer to their self inflicted coronaries, im taking the lane to stay safe when a blue car cuts me up and missed my from wheel by a few cms...so in time honhoured fashion I point at him and make a gesture to say he was to close. the car behind then leans on its horn and start giving me all kinds of verbal abuse out of the window....it has nothing to do with him....then he sppeds round nearly clipping my shoulder only to nearly hit the car in front of him in th ejam.....so i stop at his window and ask if he has something to say to me...to which he replies that I have to much to say and shouldnt be on th eroad....so I invite him to calm down and go away and read the highway code....to which his elderly mother (i guess) tells me to stop being so rude and to go away.....he then invires me to pull over and discuss things on th everge...so I stop and head fo th everge....then he yells at me again...so i stop in front of his car and tell him he is a danger on the roads to my life and he should read the highway code about why cyclists take th elane...and than cars have to option to slow down and i have as much right out there as he does....anyway...by this time th ejam behind is backing up....of course I am th eevil demon from hell in their eyes...then a white van coming th eother way stops leans out th ewindow and yells leave the guy alone you w***** and spits in my direction....nice....not a cop car in sight of course and anyway they would probably take the drivers side...

what a f***ed up world we live in...car drivers you seriously need to chill...get a life...and stop this murderous war against cyclists.

Dear santa...

Ta.

Don't waste your energy arguing the toss with people, at best they don't even know what they've done and at worst they don't care. Just ride assertively and defensively and live a long and happy life.

BigonaBianchi

well there is now one more driver out there who does know what they do wrong..but you are right...thye dont care and arnt worth any of my energy....99% of the time i do exaXTLY what you say...just this was the straw that breaks the camels back...

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
well there is now one more driver out there who does know what they do wrong..but you are right...thye dont care and arnt worth any of my energy....99% of the time i do exaXTLY what you say...just this was the straw that breaks the camels back...

I know how you feel, but it ain't worth the stress, and if you let spoil your ride it will.

Today's ride was but a short 5 miler to the Asian supermarket in Rochdale
to pick up supplies for a curry night on Saturday,Gets about half way there and there's a gritter lorry on it's side
looks like he hit a house then tipped over, (the driver got away with minor injuries luckily)
arrived at the supermarket to the sight of 2 men of pensionable age battling on the pavement
trading insults in Yiddish and Urdu :wacko:

Ok I'll go to the shop next door methinks:rolleyes:

It was better than the ride I had last week,riding out to meet Bromptonfb,I had a scruffy black transit fly out of a
side road in the centre of Heywood,He the shot off down the road ,turned right without indicating straight into a
poor pedestrian who was crossing the road,said pedestrian was hurled into the air and landed in a heap on the road.
Well can you guess what's coming next?..............................................................................................................................

Yep the transit reversed back on to the main road and took off like a scalded cat,utter A"£$holes :evil:
fortunately the chap was not badly hurt and 2 nurses happened to be walking past and came to his aid,
His reg was noted and reported to the boys in blue,hope they caught them and felt the full weight of the
law descend on em like a ton of bricks.

albion

Guru
A slightly circular ride up Stanley way. Some fast thawing or river diversion towards the Consett side of route 7 means there will be some serious skating lakes along some of that route tonight.

I somehow managed to lose a rear light near Birtley so if you just found a flashing one, its mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom