Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Since we are going back to Sunday ;), my ride then was with the club to Comrie Muir. (5 of us + 1 for part of the route). After about 40 miles though I was feeling the pace up the gentle but long and exposed gradient through the muir and started to get dropped, it was actually a good thing as it let me hear the faint skiff, skiff from the front pads/ wheels :blush: A wee while later a fellow club member came back to see if I was OK and gave me an excellent tow (it wasn't exactly Cav's lead out train, although my performance on hills was similar
icon_wink.gif
). Note to my self a single vegetarian fish cake the night before does not make good cycling food. It was worth the effort though the cafe stop was great, if anybody gets up that way I'd recommend a stop at at the Tullybannocher Cafe. I promptly ordered a bacon roll, only to see their massive cake like fruit and cherry scones, it was too big for one of my fellow cyclists though so I managed to steal a bit of his :tongue:
6112566940_c0ed341840.jpg

Fortunately, apart from the uphills, it was mostly downhill on the way home which helped me.
Near the end (about 15miles out at Glendevon), the bloke who gave me the excellent tow shot off to make his a century in an incredible 19.8mph, we were only a more sedate 19.5mph for 88.5 miles. (Oh and I cycled 1.7miles to the start so it was 90miles for me :rolleyes: )

Attachments

• 6112566940_c0ed341840.jpg
    6112566940_c0ed341840.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Squire
I'm getting stagnant and lethargic, not working for the last 4 weeks. I can sense a malaise setting in so just a quick 10 miles to get some fresh air. No great push..i've got a touch of ...errr :blush: farmer giles :biggrin: so not trying to get the heart rate up too much :whistle: .

Radman

Just the usual 13teenish miles commute for me today im afraid,weather cloudy light rain

and about 12 degrees,hoping to go to Weston Friday weather permitting

Theres some fine times being put in by a lot of riders,:thumbsup: hats of to you.

My ride was nothing special I had to clear my head, so I went out for a wee 45miler, I didn't really get warmed up until nearly 30 miles but when I did I decided to do Law Hill twice. The met said the wind was only 15mph, it felt stronger but I guess it does when you've too many things on your mind. Typical though, the wind dropped when it was behind me :rolleyes:

Timmo

I did all of the Verderers Trail (Forest of Dean) for the first time this evening, was pretty awesome. I managed 13.5 miles in 1hr 30mins which is the quickest I've covered that distance before and had the most hills, so pretty chuffed with myself :biggrin:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Seventy one and a bit miles on the Friday Night Ride to the Coast from York to Hull.

I had to resort to twenty for inch gearing, two feet, on several occasions.

Great ride really warm overnight.

Now off to bed.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
40 lumpy miles for me with a trip up Pym Chair via Jenkins Chapel, ouch. Caught up with a couple of the GB Sky team on their way out to do some intervals on the Cheshire plain. They were very pleasant, I was expecting a blank when I said hello, but no a big smile and a hello back from a very attractive young lady. They were only tootling along at 15mph so I did the decent thing and overtook them. :whistle:

albion

Guru
Did a 60 miler into Newcastle then along the river to Hexham.A great knee saving ride being flat as a pancake. So maybe it is Haltwhistle for me next time.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Very happy- Mrs A_T wanted to go with me on my bike ride today... gentle start- so we rode round the Newburn/Wylam loop going up to Prudhoe and back- 12 miles, then I rode home. She enjoyed it so much she keen to do the 30 mile NR Cyclone next June. [at this rate she'll be OK to do the 63!]
bravo.gif
Another convert!

Attachments

• bravo.gif
    bravo.gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 28
D

Deleted member 1258

Todays club ride was Banbury, cafe Mocha. Got up this morning still feeling the effects of yesterdays upset stomach, decided the club ride was a bad idea, looked at the trees out the back being blown horizontal and decided a short ride out to Middleton hall was in order. Rode the short route out to Middleton Hall, The Courtyard Cafe, and then meandered back, got stung by an insect coming down Harvest Hill, now sat here with a swollen wrist, got home knackered having done 51 interesting miles.

http://www.gmap-pedo....com/?r=5074397

Link slow to load, been like that with links since they revamped their website.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Ouch, hope your wrist recovers soon, Dave. Are you right or left handed? :whistle:

Club ride today down to Culmstock from Taunton: first ride out on the new bike so lots of mocking from the others, especially as I've not got to grips with the toe clips yet :blush:

Fantastic ride, could have kept going all day. The Orbea is so comfortable and speedy :wub: Shame about the weather. Beautiful sunshine all morning and then a very cold shower as we headed for home that left us gasping for breath. Typically, I didn't have my jacket but that was ok as everyone else played 'put it on, take it off' for the next ten miles or so :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom