Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajax_Gaz

Shut up Legs!
I did 15 miles around the local roads yesterday morning which was quite enjoyable. Hard on some of the hills but rewarding!

On my commute, i normally drive 9 miles and then cycle 6.5 to work, (as apposed to driving 20), but tomorrow i'm going to cycle the 9 mile route and back, before doing the whole commute on friday! :biggrin:

Ajax_Gaz

Shut up Legs!
Quick update - out again today and did 19.6 miles down a road i usually drive down before getting on the bike for the commute. Very hard work - a few hills!, but very rewarding especially as its the longest distance i've done so far in one go!

Next ride is friday back to work, but i'm undecided whether to stick to half in the car or do 16.3 miles each way now i've been down the first 9 on the bike as well... decisions... decisions....

AhThisFeckinThing

Did my first 50 miles today :biggrin:

trip-histogram-374653.jpg

Saddle bum

Über Member
Second day on the Isle of Wight. They seem to have put a few extra spadefuls of dirt on top of most of the hills or I'm getting older.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Squire
30 miles this morning, quite breezy S.Easterlies out there. Never seemed to have a tailwind whichever direction i went in...i hate it when that happens. Saw a Wheatear...not an uncommon bird but i've rarely ever seen them so that was nice.
Nothing else to report...just a normal ride :biggrin:

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
not today, but yesterday, 101km round the peak district - v hilly, managed 1644km in August, legs a bit tired still....

My ride yesterday involved 59 miles and a few goes up Purin Hill. After cycling 24 miles to the sign on and up Purin Hill, I found out they had moved the sign on to the bottom this year. I met a few folk though and decided to have a go, apart from being overcast and a little chilly, it was almost perfect conditions. I signed on and went for another warm up up the hill, I was number 15 this time. Lap 6 of Wednesday Nights ride is the actual ride (http://connect.garmi...ivity/110898631), it says 10:32 total time and 10:30 moving time but my actual time was 10:24, the lbs owner won it, I think he done it in an incredible time of 7:26. What helped me, bizarrely I caught the rider who set off 4 places before me (a big girl), I then saw my minute man and honed in on him, I almost let him go however, then I noticed he wasn’t quite as smooth on the last hill and I sprinted past him on the line (if you can call 10.4mph a sprint). It was pretty dark by the time I set off for home and I got a bit confused by one of Glenrothes’s many round a bouts :blush: and headed towards Leven instead of Leslie by mistake, when I came back to the roundabout I just decided to head down the main road (dual carriageway) to Kirkcaldy, I know the conditions of the roads quite well from there, which is handy when there is zero light.

I done practically nothing today but did go out for a wee recovery ride just before sunset only got 7 miles into that when I picked up the 1st p'ture on that tyre, I suppose it was due after 8762 miles (2530 on the front of the Bianchi, then 4886 on the front of the Kinesis & then another 1346 on the rear). There still life left in the tyre though, it was a pinch p'ture (snake bite), just a li
ttle more psi needed the next time ;-) In order to make the most of the remaining twilight though (my lights are more be seen than see), the ride home was pretty fast, so much for my wee recovery ride ;)

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Squire
Maybe 10 miles bimble on the hybrid with the wife, into the surrounding brickpits which are a haven for wildlife. Saw two Kingfishers..well it may have been the same one twice.
Had a sit down in the sun and just relax looking over the lakes. The pits have tons of small fossilised remains (they've found some big stuff there too)...while sitting i found what looks like a fossilised segmented stem from an ancient fern or underwater plant perhaps. My son used to bring home fossilised teeth shaped like sharks teeth...and fossilsed scat (or poo as its better known :biggrin: )
Sit down and take the time to look around you, there's always something.
Just a nice relaxing ride in the sun, no sweat, no rush.

postman

Squire
I know the feeling gbb we went out this week and finished up in Easingwold.Trouble was that was not planned.We thought it was further than it was.We were just looking over the early part of the ride planned for a later date.But as we trundled along and it was just that.We kept seeing the signpost saying next place was either three or four miles the furthest was seven miles and before we knew it there we were.And Easingwold is stunning.Good old bike.Takes you allover.

Saddle bum

Über Member
Just got back from the Isle of Wight. It's a great place for riding, although the roads could do with a few million being spent on them.

Five good rides in variable terrain and perfect weather. Max about 30plus miles. Blackgang Chine is still as horrible as ever.

Very good LBS at "The Bike Shed" at Merston.

Sunday managed to wander up Holme Moss in the high peak, raining on the way there, glorious on the way up, then peed it down on the descent :ohmy: http://www.brytonspo...iew/2?id=136974 Bryton as it down as Cat 2 climb, Awesome.

(Oh and if you are reading this Potsy, I didn't get off and push, not even once :tongue:)but now my knees are kebbabed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom