Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Toeclip

Guru
Even less miles this morning, was heading for the Hanningfields but only got to the A127 at Dunton and gave up feeling worse than ever with this cold that I can`t get rid of. So just 21 miles done.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Went out with the cycling group yesterday and we did a fantastic fifty miler - a round trip from a layby near Axbridge, up through Cheddar Gorge and returning back via the Strawberry Line. It rained as we were having lunch but the sun eventually came out and with the worst of the hills behind us, we really started to enjoy ourselves. S and I developed the giggles and then pestered for a tea break so we stopped at the railway station cafe in Yatton - their chocolate cake is Highly Recommended! I ended up leading the group home and, cycling on a sugar rush, pushed the pace somewhat, which my calves are regretting today!

IMG_0879.JPG

Did 46 agonising miles from sunny Cleckheaton through Huddersfield and over Saddleworth Moor (windy) down into Delph and then back again to see how far it was. Ascended a total of 3150 ft with the steepest long gradient being around 8%. 3hrs and 45 minutes :blush: very sore arse and shoulders. Must get fitter!!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
20.65 miles from Struy to Cannich, via Tomich hydrodam station and back to Struy. Stopped at the cafe for a read of the papers and a cuppa.
Took the old BSO instead of my new Giant Defy because I cannot find the lock keys anywhere and the way my luck has been running lately, it would get nicked. The saddle on the BSO leaves a lot to be desired.

Paladin - York

Easingwold (near) to Harrogate & back - 51 miles.

via Tollerton - Aldwark Bridge (as in Way of the Roses) - Great Ouseburn - Marton cum Grafton - Arkendale - Ferrensby - Knaresborough - Beryl Burton Cycleway all the way to ASDA, next to Harroagte Railway Station. Returned by the same route almost, not very imaginative, I admit, but I spent some idle/quality time down by the River Nidd near Mother Shipton's Cave - ran out of time to do a circular and I need feeding.

Ian 74

Wigton- Carlisle - Pooley Bridge - Penrith- Carlisle -Wigton 74 miles of group riding fun!

thumbsup.png

Attachments

• thumbsup.png
    thumbsup.png
    447 bytes · Views: 22
Did the club 100 miler today. Bynea/Kidwelly/Carmathen/Llandeilo/Llandovery and back.

Only five of us went out, as there were quite a few taking part in the 10 mile TT in Abergavenny and the others had arranged a weekend away boozing around, sorry touring, Mid Wales!

The surprise of the ride was meeting The Claude coming the other way on the Coach Road between Carmathen and Llandeilo. She was heading for Carreg Cerran Castle I'm assuming as part of her guided tour duties to find a suitable route during bike week here in Swansea.

Went out with the Swale CTC section on their annual ride to Dungeness. Almost perfect cycling weather, with a small breeze to help keep us cool and a mixture of overcast and sunny spells.
Strood Sittingbourne, over the North Downs to Pluckley, coffee at the Rare Breeds Centre Woodchurch, then over Romney Marsh to Dungness, which is very 'other worldly', where we stopped for an expensive lunch at the railway cafe. Then returned to Sittingbourne via a similar route. With 105 miles on the clock and finally having a stronger wind against me I caught the train home for the last 13 miles.

The never ending shingle

IMG_1225.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1225.JPG
    IMG_1225.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 26

Michaelt

Hi all, I think this may be my first proper post?! Did 25k (15.5m) before work this morning, was going OK until I got into a small hill with a headwind, it was hard work, but felt good when I'd done it. Just under an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom