Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cheddar George

oober member
63 miles over Burrington Coombe, down Cheddar Gorge and over to Glastonbury through Wedmore and the moors. A very nice trip today.

Lovely. If i go out that way i always go up Burrington Coombe and drop down into Cheddar or Wells. :becool:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Rode the 'Little G' from Beverley Minster (plus a few miles from home & back) with Ray 0747 :thumbsup:

Was a tad hot :sun: :sun: :sun: a times, having to stop once to get bits of melted road off my tyres!:becool:

A total of 58.81 miles in just under 4 hours, cracking ride :bicycle: well worth using the route as a training route if you have time

managed to avoid the afternoon thunder storm a few hours later :rain: - always a bonus

Ray 0747

Fantastic route , great intro for me , must admit that the hills added a new level of pain ,but no pain , no gain and all that .
Let me know if you have any more rides planned.
Rode the 'Little G' from Beverley Minster (plus a few miles from home & back) with Ray 0747 :thumbsup:

Was a tad hot :sun: :sun: :sun: a times, having to stop once to get bits of melted road off my tyres!:becool:

A total of 58.81 miles in just under 4 hours, cracking ride :bicycle: well worth using the route as a training route if you have time

managed to avoid the afternoon thunder storm a few hours later :rain: - always a bonus
[/quote]

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I had a fantastic WNRttP last night. Went up a lot of hills, through a forest and down a rough track in not very gracious MTB style, up some more hills and then along the flat for a good while before finally getting to the pub. Excellent bacon and brie baguette and then sped home. Not looked at the computer yet but it felt great.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I had a fantastic WNRttP last night. Went up a lot of hills, through a forest and down a rough track in not very gracious MTB style, up some more hills and then along the flat for a good while before finally getting to the pub. Excellent bacon and brie baguette and then sped home. Not looked at the computer yet but it felt great.

WNRttP - Wednesday Night Ride to the Pub?

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
That's the one. Did I mention the brie and bacon baguette? :hungry:

Lose the Bacon and it sounds yummy :biggrin:

68.72 miles today in 4h. 03m with an average of 16.9 mph.

Left Clevedon, headed for Congresbury, over the A38 and climbed Burrington Coombe, descended Cheddar Gorge and headed for Wedmore, then took the road to Glastonbury over the moors (which was fast thanks to the tailwind). I did a u-turn when I got to Glastonbury, back over the moors, another little climb near Meare, on to Wedmore, back to Cheddar, climbed the Gorge, descended down the Coombe and back home the same way as normal.

Lovely ride today and good preparation for the Wiggle Super next weekend. One highlight were the disgruntled French couple, on bikes, who I overtook just past the 16% corkscrew on the Gorge. I said 'Afternoon Folks' and got no reply (didn't know they were French at that point). Some five minutes later, monsieur came past and gave me a huff so I stayed on his wheel to the top. And quite a speed we kept up too. I managed an 'au revoir' and so I think he knew I was a friendly at last.

Shifting is also really nice on the Rival, now I've upgraded to the Goretex cables.

:biggrin: I liiike vewy' much!

PS.
I'll look out for you Cheddar George.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Squire
48 extremely leisurely miles today...so leisurely i only managed 12mph average :biggrin: , but to just go where your nose takes you, not to attack the hills, to freewheel and use so little energy, to stop when your fancy takes you, even to have a lie down at a lakes edge, watch the birds etc and fall asleep for a while....fabulous :tongue:

Brandane

Legendary Member
48 extremely leisurely miles today...so leisurely i only managed 12mph average :biggrin: , but to just go where your nose takes you, not to attack the hills, to freewheel and use so little energy, to stop when your fancy takes you, even to have a lie down at a lakes edge, watch the birds etc and fall asleep for a while....fabulous :tongue:

Sounds like a normal ride for me! :smile:

Finished work a little earlier so had about 45 minutes extra time in my day. Dusted off Old Faithful, my 1987 steel road bike and winter/shopping hack (one owner from new, me) and headed off along the local lanes. Into a headwind of course. Only did about 12 miles but was lucky to beat the rain home.

I love that bike and despite its touched-up paint chips and lack of granny gear* cannot bear to get rid of it, even though I would love a modern roadie.

*I'm twice the age I was when I got the bike and I now live near the South Downs. I am not ashamed of needing a triple!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom