Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
A very pleasant 57 miles in the sun today. :smile:
Drove to Balloch at the south side of Loch Lomond, then cycled along the NCN route to Drymen and Aberfoyle. After a very large breakfast in Aberfoyle, it was up to Stronachlachar by Loch Katrine (a repeat of part of a route I did 2 weeks ago), but this time I headed for Inversnaid on the east bank of Loch Lomond. There is only one route in and out of Inversnaid, or a boat service across to Tarbet on the west side of the loch.

I took the boat option, then cycled south back to Balloch. Just a few of the amazing views from today:

DSC00191.jpg

DSC00192.jpg

DSC00196.jpg

DSC00188.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00191.jpg
    DSC00191.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC00188.jpg
    DSC00188.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC00196.jpg
    DSC00196.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC00192.jpg
    DSC00192.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 31
Nice pics Brandane :becool:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Set out this morning without any particular route in mind, just a "go and see where I get to" idea.

Headed north from Largs up the Brisbane Glen road to Loch Thom, then cut east across the Garshangan Road to Kilmacolm. From there onto the bike track to Bridge of Weir, then onto a minor road that eventually takes you to Howwood. Then onto the NCN route to Lochwinnoch, Kilbirnie, Dalry and Kilwinning.

From Kilwinning headed north to Stevenston, Ardrossan and West Kilbride, then back to Largs. Just over 60 miles all in. The good weather is supposed to break tonight so my stats on MyCyclingLog.com could be set for a tumble! 802 miles in the previous 30 days is something I never thought I would get to; the joys of redundancy :smile:.

Set out this morning without any particular route in mind, just a "go and see where I get to" idea.

Headed north from Largs up the Brisbane Glen road to Loch Thom, then cut east across the Garshangan Road to Kilmacolm. From there onto the bike track to Bridge of Weir, then onto a minor road that eventually takes you to Howwood. Then onto the NCN route to Lochwinnoch, Kilbirnie, Dalry and Kilwinning.

From Kilwinning headed north to Stevenston, Ardrossan and West Kilbride, then back to Largs. Just over 60 miles all in. The good weather is supposed to break tonight so my stats on MyCyclingLog.com could be set for a tumble! 802 miles in the previous 30 days is something I never thought I would get to; the joys of redundancy :smile:.
The break is only going to be for one day, it supposed to be nice again for Friday and the weekend :smile:

John90

Über Member
Did a solo London to Brighton this morning. More riding experience made it an easier trip than the first time I did it a year ago. I'm never going to be king of the mountains but I was pleased that Ditchling Beacon didn't break me (last year I went up Devil's Dyke).

Lovely weather for it.

Packrat

Went to get the sunday papers ....... 17 mile round trip
wacko.gif
went well not too sore
blush.gif

Attachments

• wacko.gif
    wacko.gif
    681 bytes · Views: 30
  • blush.gif
    blush.gif
    275 bytes · Views: 25

Toeclip

Guru
Such a lovely day so I rode out to Maldon (Essex) for a cuppa and back home with just over 74 miles done.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Nice trundle down to the sea and back today, managed to get slightly lost on the way back and trundled up a few unscheduled hills. Was quite glad the sun wasn't out! Also got bitten on the bum by a horsefly and whacked on the arm by a rogue bramble poking out of a hedge. Summer - it's great! :thumbsup:

TheDoctor

Noble and true, with a heart of steel
50 miles to Fowlmere and back.
Add on the 23 on the Brommie yesterday, 25 on Friday evening and a hilly 10 on Thursday, and I have done 108 miles this weekend!! Yay me.

TVC

An easy 35 miles south from Leicester. Swore at a dog owner in Lutterworth.

Bowling along minding my own, this couple are walking along to pavement toward me with their yappy little bundle of fur, teeth and snot running loose. It spots me and bolts into the road snapping at me. I swerved.

"Keep that thing on a F******g lead... Jesus wept...You A**H***"

I felt better for that.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
80 miles from Debenham to Hunstanton with GordonB - absolutely glorious trip. We left at 5.20am (!) and arrived five hours later to meet our families there and spend the day on the beach, with the bikes coming home on a trailer with Gordon's car.

Interesting start to the day with local temperature inversions where we kept riding from cool air into warm humid air and back again.

John

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
about half a mile on my recently acquired P & A Kenistons Racer project , very nice at low speed , brakes need doing as cables siezed

updated as of 20.10 2/08/11

have just finished putting together my first togglechain project rode nice on its maiden voyage of a mile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom