Your Favourite Bits of Winter Cycling Kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
These every November.
tickets.48 PM.png

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Hello @twentysix by twentyfive, do you remember where you bought this?
I have similar, bought years ago in a charity shop, that need now replaced.
I do wear it most of the year, it's always freezing in the mornings.

Hi @Pat "5mph" . I bought two sometime in the early 80's. One for me which has seen very many better days and one for Mrs 26 who didn't wear it much. So I'm now wearing hers. These hats were rather more available back in the day. The pic I posted earlier is one I found after a short google for images of cycling hats. This is the best I've found but no idea if it'll work. https://www.moltenicycling.com/products/molteni-cycling-cap Could be your Google skills are better than mine. Good luck.

My fleece-lined "Kipsta" football training beanie from Decathlon, which a) covers my ears, b) has a flap at the rear so I can pull my ponytail through and not wear it bunched up underneath, which means that c) it fits perfectly under my helmet.

Also, my fleece-lined, windproof & waterproof Altura winter gloves, and my windproof and thermal winter jacket with detachable buff from Decathlon. I suspect it's the ladies version of the one @fossyant albeit I've had mine eight years now.

Plus various base layers and fleeces and whatnot that I've accumulated over the years. I picked up some roubaix lined leggings on sale in Tesco earlier this year, and am looking forward to seeing if they're any good.

grldtnr

Über Member
My two pairs of Seal Skinz. Far from universally popular, but at 15 more more years old they look tired and battered yet are still warm and have a decent degree of water resistance.
Except they have a big 'ole where you pout yer foot in, plus if you should put you foot in a puddle over the top , they will not be waterproof or resistant any more.
Also , they must pay the Accy cyclist acceptance test, now that's a tall order!

grldtnr

Über Member
Mudguards are year round but particular favourites in winter. Why would you want your bike and your arse covered in muck?

Or for that matter, your cycling friends!. Or course spatter your enemies as much as you like

Top Bottom