Your day's wildlife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
A yellowshell moth

IMG_3597.jpeg

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I’ve had a few….

5F66931D-07BB-4EE1-913C-997A57C39A79.jpeg

_DSC5090.jpeg

Emanresu

No pic but can explain.

Middle of the night we were woken by a flapping noise outside the bedroom door. So I get the job to go out and investigate. The noise was 2 bats that had found their way through an open window so when I switched on the hallway light, they started to get agitated and move downstairs. They flew into our kitchen so closed the door with me and the bats inside. Opened the sliding doors and off they went.

My OH tells me this has happened before. Too tired to get a pic but they are amazing creatures the way they avoid walls and people.

Windows less open tonight.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
@avecReynolds531 that'll be a Vanda rothschildiana.

Gillstay

Veteran
No pic but can explain.

Middle of the night we were woken by a flapping noise outside the bedroom door. So I get the job to go out and investigate. The noise was 2 bats that had found their way through an open window so when I switched on the hallway light, they started to get agitated and move downstairs. They flew into our kitchen so closed the door with me and the bats inside. Opened the sliding doors and off they went.

My OH tells me this has happened before. Too tired to get a pic but they are amazing creatures the way they avoid walls and people.

Windows less open tonight.

The trick is too not switch on the light and just open windows as then they will head outside into the lighter area. Same with Hornets.

Glad you saved them. ^_^

Windle

Über Member
Spotted a little mouse running around the patio this morning, presumably clearing up the bird food spilling's.

And last night whilst sat watching telly a Daddy Long Legs came buzzing round my head, I always associate them with the coming of autumn so it was maybe a bit early. I'm not sure where it went, probably into a cat.

Top Bottom